We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a newly created Assistant Controller position at our Arden Hills, MN location. This position will be part of a dynamic team and help lead the accounting and finance activities of the company. We have recently become a public company, within APi Group, and the right person will help lead the accounting and operations departments through this transition by creating consistency in processes through Best Practices and documentation.
- Minimum of two years’ relevant experience in a finance role, with excellent knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulation, and best practices
- Documented experience in overseeing month-end close, preferably in the product procurement and/or distribution industry
- General understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements
- Experience in reporting for a publicly traded company preferred
- Solid computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office; advanced level working knowledge of Excel required. Power BI knowledge a plus
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills required
- Valid State Driver’s License and ability to travel locally or regionally as needed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage day-to-day Accounting functions:
- Prepare month-end financial statements, budgets, and other monthly financial reports
- Supervise the billing and accounts receivable processes
- Partner with APi Group Segment shared services in overseeing accounts payable
- Partner with Credit Manager to ensure timely collection of receivables
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly projections
- Oversee the accounting process for supply-chain inventory
- Prepare account reconciliations as needed
- Coordinate with Operations Department leaders to create consistency in processes:
- Work across departments to understand the financial implication of operational tasks
- Prepare company for necessary changes due to SOX compliance and reporting
- Make recommendations for process changes that will create the necessary scale for growth
- Streamline processes and educate users to ensure reduction of waste and rework
- Coordinate internal and external audits
- Main point of contact for annual and quarterly requests related to 10K and 10Q
- Support company President in other areas as needed.
KNOWLESGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle a fast paced, busy work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make recommendations for process changes
- Ability work effectively in a deadline-oriented environment with changing priorities.
- work effectively with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Desire to succeed in a highly competitive but collaborative ever-changing environment; able to work as a positive, contributing member of a team
- Focus on continuous improvement through continuing education and on-the-job learning opportunities; supports team goals and a safe working environment.
- Customer service oriented. Highly motivated, willing to take the initiative. Focus on details.
- Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including Health & Dental Insurance, 401K Program (including company contribution), Profit Sharing, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Holidays, and Training/ Continuing Educational Opportunities.
ASDCO Construction Supply and APi Inc. are a division of APi Group, Inc. (www.apigroupinc.com), an energetic organization providing leadership to a diverse family of companies dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to the construction industry.
We believe it’s our own personal responsibility to ensure every team member has the opportunity, inspiration, resources, and experience to assume ownership for – and deliver on – our promises. Each team member has a duty to help others reach their highest potential and is obligated to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients. As we grow, we are continuously looking for the most talented professionals to join our team---because our continued success is dependent on attracting and retaining quality employees!