The project manager is accountable for the successful delivery of assigned projects utilizing approved project management methodology. This includes properly scoping the project, attainment, and assignment of appropriate resources, daily management of the project to minimize and mitigate risks and appropriate reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver project successfully and on time and on or under budget
- Create and manage detailed project plans and reporting
- Ensure proper project execution of workflows, critical paths, and milestones
- Manage project scope and change control process
- Actively manage to the project budget by creating monthly forecasts and analyzing and explaining variances
- Identify needed resources, requests appropriate resources, and ensures appropriate staffing for the duration of the project to ensure efficient and successful project delivery
- Effectively manage a diverse group of team members
- Track project risk and ensure appropriate resolution
- Review project deliverables to ensure high quality
- Manage customer expectations and maintain the client relationship as it pertains to project delivery
- Hold formal project review
- Prepare and deliver project status reports
- Ensure all stakeholders are identified and understand the project schedule, assigned tasks, and key milestones
Skills & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5 years of work experience in project management or related field
- Prior software/systems engineering experience preferred.
- Prior experience in project management methodology
- Demonstrated expertise with project management software, such as MS Project
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team building, positive thinking, can-do attitude, and job flexibility)
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Company sponsored 401k
• Paid Time Off
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
TCC holds multiple MS Certifications, including a Gold Certification level in both Application Development and Hosting, as well as a Silver Data Center Certification. In addition to Microsoft, TCC is also a Registered Partner with Amazon Web Services (AWS), and a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level III assessed development organization that utilizes the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standard processes for IT service management that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business. To maximize these practices, TCC encourages staff members to gain ITIL certifications, and even offers study courses and material in-house.