GARDEN CENTER Gift Shop Sales, Cashier & Customer Service
At Franz Witte, we have made it our mission to be the “coolest” landscaping, maintenance and garden center company ever! Whether we’re designing and building a new landscape, maintaining an existing one or working with customers at our retail garden center our talented group of professionals will work tirelessly to bring you quality products and services for all of your outdoor needs.
Since Franz Witte was founded in 1971, we have been bringing timeless designs and quality construction to all of our clients because we are passionate about providing something truly special. In addition to being passionate about our work, we are also passionate about giving back to the beautiful community that we live in. Our “cool” culture is centered around hard work, relationships, leadership, and excellence and we are proud to be one of the leading landscaping and nursery companies in Idaho (and the only one with a Flamingo as our mascot!).
If you are looking for a “cool”, hardworking organization to be a part of, look no further! We are currently seeking a Garden Center Cashier & Customer Service Team Member to join our team. You’ll interact with customers at checkout and answer tons of questions via the phone & in person. Help to keep the garden center clean and well organized, and of course, above all else. . .spread really good feelings to everyone you interact with to keep our customers coming back!
What You’ll Do:
- Greet every patron that comes thru the door
- Report to the Cashier Team Lead; accomplish work load timely & efficiently as directed
- Check out customers on merchandise & service purchases; timely & accurately. Have a sense for loss prevention
- As sales are rung if pricing or mistags come thru make your team lead aware
- Perform returns, call for assistance via 2 channel radio for loadouts or questions you’re unable to answer.
- Upsell and educate customers on everything/service Franz Witte has to offer when they come thru your lane
- Make sure all customers are taken care of in a timely manner by greeting them promptly if you are the first to see them and direct them the best you can
- Answer questions in person & over the phone. Realize some questions may be plant related
- At slow periods you will be asked to help in the gift shop or plant department where you’re needed
- Attend staff meetings
- Provide an exceptional experience & make each customer feel special when they come thru checkout, always
- See that the overall appearance of the retail sales area is kept up to company standards; including sweeping, dusting, blowing, emptying trash/recycle, restock supplies & merchandise, clean bathrooms etc.
- Wrap gifts as needed
- Be flexible. Know priorities change within a given day, week or season. Work with your team lead to accomplish workload assigned to entire Garden Center Team
Skills We’re Seeking:
- Experience in retail sales and customer service, garden center/nursery setting preferred
- Point of Sale savvy, super-efficient on a computer & all details within the system
- Fast learner with accuracy in processing sales & gathering correct information
- Can multitask in a fast paced environment
- Required to work weekends, holidays & outside of normal business hours, as required
- Friendly, outgoing, approachable, team player, flexible, great communicator, eager to learn & grow our business!
- Dependable & self motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with all outdoor elements
- Able to lift 30 lbs consistently
- Able to stand and walk for majority of day
- Knowledge of POS, all ins and outs
- Excellent customer service
- Enthusiastic about the job and the company
- Team player with supervisors and other staff members
- On time and dependable; limited call outs
- Shows general interest by regularly accomplishing assigned tasks.
- Regularly attends staff meetings & tailgate topics.
- Completes open & closing procedures accurately
- Fast learner, self-motivated and eager to take on more responsibility
- Works weekends, holidays and when needed for extracurricular events
- Can lift 30 lbs. safely
- Professional appearance with appropriate Franz Witte attire and all needed personal protective equipment (PPE)
Starting wage is $13.00 per hour.