Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
This position is responsible for working with the Field Support Managers helping to implement safety programs, monitor them for effectiveness and check for compliance throughout the network thus providing unity, not only in the safety programs but the technical training programs as well.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Communicate program changes
- Help set up training and suggests way to implement safety training
- Maintains the integrity of our safety program
- Monitors equipment for usage and maintenance
- Work in a team environment to accomplish daily goals
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Weekly Payroll
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Must demonstrated leadership skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pass Pre-Employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting, kneeling, crawling, climbing and reaching
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1year Safety background experience or military equivalent
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration, rough terrain and inclement weather. The employee is subject to extreme cold and warm temperatures.
At time will lifting, pushing, pulling or carries heavy objects; using abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; stoop; reach; climb; bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199