We are seeking a highly motivated, independent, and organized individual to join our team at our Victorville, CA Plant.
The Reinforced Earth Company is recognized as the inventor and market leader of the MSE (Mechanically Stabilized Earth) retaining wall industry. The company provides the design and supply of materials of proprietary retaining wall systems and earth related technologies to contractors and owners for use in civil engineering. Our company works as a sub-contractor/material supplier on DOT and privately owned projects. We perform all duties associated with our jobs from sales, marketing, civil engineering/design, supply, and construction support.
The Plant Manager reports to the National Precast Manager and is responsible for leading and supporting the Superintendent and Crew Leaders to maintain workforce motivation and productivity, overseeing organization and efficient operations of all crews, and managing maintenance, working conditions, quality of products, and profitability of the plant.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Gather all necessary project information through consistent communication with Project Managers and maintain long- and short-range production schedules accordingly.
- Understand the plant’s costs to be able to estimate work and provide quotes to internal and external clients.
- Review monthly financial results and make operational corrections where needed.
- Provide oversight and solutions for production and logistics problems as they arise.
- Obtain competing quotes for materials supplied from outside vendors. Coordinate with National Precast Manager to ensure preferred pricing company-wide.
- Ensure that all materials supplied from outside vendors and suppliers conforms to governing specifications while ensuring that raw material supply is consistent; including but not limited to ready mix concrete, steel and product hardware.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting is received and recorded into established tracking forms and company portal for production tracking.
- Make certain that all safety practices and QC procedures are being followed by all employees. Grow the safety culture in line with the safety focus of the company. Provide full support to the Safety Coordinator.
- Maintain adequate and efficient production staffing levels utilizing split-shifts and third-party staffing agency only when needed.
- Ensure that reporting standards meet those set forth by NPCA and ACI, in conjunction with Quality Control and Quality Assurance coordinators where applicable.
- Provide effective management and leadership including evaluating employee performance, coordinate training opportunities, mentor and develop employees, provide coaching, written and verbal feedback, rewards, and discipline when necessary.
- Cultivate and reinforce “promote from within” mindset in junior leaders.
- Provide and maintain a fair and positive culture.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in all areas. Review all equipment and structures, identifying those that might need to be replaced or added. Plan for replacements/additions by including costs in the annual capital budget, except for unforeseen issues at which point a request is sent to the National Precast Manager who will seek the necessary approvals.
- Practice effective delegation and leadership in all areas while monitoring plant performance at large and improving profitability.
- Monitor plant capabilities and plan ahead relative to region forecast.
- 10 years of experience in precast concrete industry
- Quality Control Technician Level 1, and ACI Field Testing Technician Grade 1 certification required
- NPCA PQS1 certification preferred
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Financial Management skills
- Problem solving and Analysis skills
- Business Acumen
Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
The Reinforced Earth Company offers commensurate salaries and a strong Benefit Package including:
- Two Weeks Paid Vacation (Plus Employee Birthday)
- Eleven Holidays
- 401K with Company Contribution
- Medical, Dental (with Orthodontia Option) and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Wellness Program with Incentives
For more information about our Company, please visit us online at www.reinforcedearth.com
The Reinforced Earth Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.