Title: Consulting Utility Forester (QA/QC Auditor)
Type: Full Time
CNUC is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the best talent in the utility vegetation management industry. As our company continues to expand across the country and beyond, new career opportunities are becoming available.
We keep the lights on anywhere there’s a power line - whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. As a CNUC employee, you’ll keep communities informed about the trees and power lines, while ensuring safe delivery of their power and pursuing opportunities to develop sustainable habitat throughout the utility right-of-way. In this role, your office is the great outdoors!
Working for CNUC could be your next great job if:
- You love talking to new people, being outside, and working independently.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to detail.
- You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
- Inspect completed vegetation management work that has been executed by a separate vegetation management contractor
- Inspections will include: interruption investigations and other patrols for vegetation conditions on the transmission or distribution system
- Identify vegetation that was not managed correctly or will not provide the reliability benefits intended by the utility’s program goals
- Develop inspection reports based on findings
- Communicate with vegetation management contractor and the utility to ensure deficient locations are completed
- Inspect priority trees and evaluate tree risk
- Provide weekly reports/scorecards on progress and results of inspections for each program
- Annual aerial patrol, reporting and ground inspections
- Inspect, identify, and evaluate trees and brush along electric ROWs
- Notify customers and obtain work authorization of vegetation management with private, local, state, and federal land owners
- Submit inspection results and work plans to utility clients with remediation recommendations
- Extensive drive time through the state inspecting vegetation management work
- Detailed data collection
- Conduct safety audits and tree risk assessments
- Interact with customers and respond to customer inquiries
- Conduct QA/QC field auditing of line clearance work
- Estimate vegetation management work to be performed
- Interact with municipalities and shad tree organizations
- Utilize GIS maps, rangefinders, tremble units, planning software on tablets on a daily basis
- Assist during emergency response times such as storms or fires as needed
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Associate's Degree in Forestry or related field or 2+ years of experience if no degree
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Species identification skills and knowledge of tree growth rates
- Ability to work independently with good time management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Proficient in map navigation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
- ISA Arborist Certification preferred but not required
- Pesticide Technician Applicator License preferred but not required
- Competitive wages/excellent benefits
- Clothing allowance
- Company provided smart phone
- Company vehicle/fuel card
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
Full-time positions include participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after 1 year of employment. Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.cnutility.com/careers/ and submit an application.