Reporting directly to the President of Harbor Linx, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship and will be primarily responsible for maximizing the President’s time and promoting a positive company image. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
President of Harbor Linx
- Primarily Responsible for calendar and contacts management of the President.
- Facilitate workflow and assist clients, business partners and employees.
- Provide recommendations, summary or analysis to the President on projects.
- Draft, proofread and edit written communications for the President.
- Conserves Presidents time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications.
- Ensures operation of building systems (HVAC, Windows, Janitorial, Fire and Security, etc.) by maintaining contact list for each property, ensuring preventive maintenance requirements; maintaining database on operations manuals, calling for repairs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Liaison for President with Group and Company deadlines.
- Put together reports, create presentations and present in a group setting.
- Create and maintain President’s electronic files.
- Provide business meeting coordination, including, invitations, agendas, reservations, information packets, meeting minutes.
- Assist in gathering information, pictures and drafting quarterly newsletter.
- Backup on phones as needed.
- Perform other related duties and projects as requested by the President.
- Maintain the real estate investment files
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Experience: Undergraduate degree or the equivalent in experience; plus 5 or more years progressively responsible Executive/Administrative experience.
Language/Communication Skills: must be able to read and write in English at a professional level; speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations. Exceptional communication skills, independent judgement, interpersonal and organizational skills proven in a high-pressure environment.
Reasoning Ability: apply common sense understanding to carry out multiple step instructions. Deal with non-standard situations with frequent variables; identify and resolve problems. Organizational and time management skills
Computer Skills: must type at least 50 wpm; be fluent in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Google Docs and be able to learn and utilize new computer programs and technologies.
People Skills: must be able to interface in a positive way with employees, the public and agencies; must be able to maintain confidential information and remain open to others ideas; Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.