Title: Inventory Arborist
CNUC is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the best talent in the utility vegetation management industry. As our company continues to expand across the country and beyond, new career opportunities are becoming available.
CNUC assists clients to improve their vegetation management programs through inspection and auditing services, emergency response, consulting, and research, often combined with software and LiDAR solutions. We keep the lights on anywhere there’s a power line - whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. Come join our highly experienced consulting and operations team of arborists who work on utility and municipal tree inventories!
Working for CNUC could be your next great job if:
- You love talking to new people, being outside, and working independently.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to detail.
- You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
- Inventory and completion of level 1 and 2 risk assessments on city-owned trees
- Accurate tree identification by genus and species
- Submit inventory results to the municipal client with remediation recommendations
- Perform outdoor work safely, with strong attention to detail
- Courteously interact with the client and general public
- Additional tasks such as safety audits, unit reporting accuracy, and accounting accuracy may be assigned
- Assistance may be required during storm events
- ISA Arborist Certification required
- Tree Risk Assessment Qualified (TRAQ) is preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Species identification skills, plus a knowledge of tree defects, diseases, and modes of failure
- Ability to work independently outdoors, year-round
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- At least one year’s experience collecting tree inventory data
- Proficient in map navigation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
- Competitive wages/excellent benefits
- Clothing allowance
- Smart phone
- Company vehicle/fuel card
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
To apply, visit our website at http://www.cnutility.com/careers/ and submit an application.