"Do Something Constructive" is more than a clever saying for the team at Construction Engineers; it is the founding principle for how our company approaches each day. Founded in 1978, Construction Engineers has earned a reputation for undertaking complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for our clients, employees, and the communities we serve.
Construction Engineers operates a commercial division focusing primarily on office, education, healthcare, and public facilities, as well as an industrial division which builds processing plants and infrastructure systems.
Construction Engineers has staff located in offices in Grand Forks, Devils Lake, Fargo, Mandan, Watford City, ND and Bemidji, MN.
Construction Engineers is seeking Carpenters for various projects.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate and maintain hand and power tools and equipment used in the carpentry trade.
- Comply with Company Code of Conduct and job policies.
- Prepares layout, marks cutting and assembly lines on materials.
- Install necessary shoring and bracing to ensure the stability of the structure.
- Conduct selective demolition in a safe and controlled manner.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures and above ground levels.
- Complete all concrete tasks to include layout, forming, rebar installation, placing and finishing.
- Erect steel structures to include pre-engineered metal buildings.
- Complete all wood or steel stud framing tasks to include lay-out, wall and roof framing, setting of joists and trusses, sheathing, and stair construction.
- Complete all interior and exterior blocking, backing and bracing.
- Installation of interior/exterior doors, frames and hardware.
- Installation of all finish carpentry items to include casework ,millwork, and trim.
- Installation of specialty items to includes toilet partitions, toilet accessories, wall/corner protection, fire protection specialties, visual display boards, lockers and signage.
- May provide work direction to general laborers.
- Follow instructions an work as a member of a team.
- Positively mentor others team members.
- Follow instructions to ensure the project is built in accordance with the contract documents.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Other duties as directed by the Superintendent and/or Supervisor.
- Comply with companies safety policies to maintain a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
- Always maintain a positive safety culture.
- Review safe work plans/JSA's prior to job start.
- Maintain tool and equipment in a safe operating condition.
- Identify, correct, and document safety deficiencies.
- Ensure jobsite is clean and organized.
- Two to three years prior carpentry experience or combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow blueprints, technical diagrams and schematics.
- Proficient in using power, hand, and measurement tools.
- Attentive to detail.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a team.
- OSHA 10 hour course and CPR/First Aid Training preferred.
- Position required regularly to climb, bend, stand, sit, walk, lift, kneel, push, pull, crawl in the course of the workday.
- Good hand/eye balance is required in order to use the tools necessary to complete the required work.
- Must be able to work in all kinds of weather.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Benefits of joining our team:
Training and Professional Development
Good Working Environment
Family Picnic/Holiday Party