The Jamar Company is seeking to fill the role of Human Resources (HR) Generalist with an innovative, self-directed HR professional who thrives on multi-tasking while maintaining high attention to detail. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team and become a partner who takes a positive and proactive approach to assisting the leaders and employees in all business areas. This is an exciting position for someone with previous experience in a complex business environment that is interested in all facets of HR and values an outstanding company culture.
The HR Generalist will provide support, consultation, and guidance as it relates to all HR processes including job descriptions, interviewing, hiring, general HR practices, processes, policies and compliance. Will be responsible to lead and support efforts for workforce development, and continually partner with management to build positive employee outcomes. Help shape an outstanding work environment by staying abreast of current trends and anticipating impact on internal practices. Must be able to operate professionally with self-initiative and be driven to produce quality and timely outcomes on strategic items and projects.
Education / Experience Required:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources or related field of study and one year of HR experience, or five years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with full cycle recruitment and employee onboarding.
- Demonstrated success in workforce development and community outreach.
- Experience in or ability to learn supporting Affirmative Action Plans to ensure compliance.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, Recruitment Management Software and Human Resources Management Systems.
- Valid State Driver’s license and ability to travel to business locations as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact professionally with employees, department leaders and job applicants in accordance with policy, practice, and applicable laws. Provides guidance, advice and education. Always maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Ensure department job description are accurate and up to date prior to posting; works with the HR team as needed to meet standards.
- Establish and maintain community outreach connections as needed to adhere to company goals.
- Responsible for preparation of job postings, advertisements, applicant review and interviews.
- Support the interviewing and selection process to ensure obligations and compliance are met.
- Provides direction and support for pre-employment processing, paperwork and on-boarding.
- Assists with EEO/AA documentation and other reporting related to federal and state contracting requirements.
- Responsible for processing Administrative timecards and management of time off (PTO/ Sick) requests.
- Assist with the coordination of FMLA and other benefit related paperwork and information in support of APi Group Inc.
- Lead the efforts with ongoing company wellness initiatives and communication to meet program initiatives.
- Create and monitor internal data audits, and controls personnel files, recruitment, employee relations records, and other such documentation for completeness, accuracy, and consistency.
- Keeps up on current issues and matters in the organization related to HR department.
- Provides assistance in monitoring employee performance appraisal process.
- Assists with, or leads other project work related to company initiatives, policy, compliance, training and compensation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be self-directed and seek out information to keep projects or processes on track.
- Seek full understanding of timelines in order to prioritize work.
- Excellent record keeping skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintains security and privacy when working with highly confidential information.
- Strong understanding of state and federal requirements and regulations.
- Ability to proactively assess situations and use good judgment to resolve issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with associates.
About us: For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our industrial and commercial customers. The Jamar Company is headquartered in Duluth, MN with office locations in Arden Hill and Shakopee, MN, Eau Claire, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND and Mountain View, WY. https://www.jamarcompany.com/
We offer: a competitive salary and excellent benefits including Health, Vision & Dental Insurance, 401K Program (with company contribution), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Holidays, and Training/ Continuing Educational Opportunities. Compensation commensurate with experience.