PROVIDING RIGHT SOLUTIONS FOR ALL FIRE PROTECTION NEEDS SINCE 1990.
International Fire Protection (IFP) is an Alabama-based values driven fire suppression company. We have charted our history and legacy on our purpose of building meaningful relationships while making the world a safer place. Therefore, LIFE SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS, as such, we promise to be the trusted leader in fire protection, delivering the highest quality life safety solutions with commitment to customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance, Flex Spend, 401k, ESPP
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Company provided Vehicle and Tools
- Company paid NICET & Manufacturer Training
Fire Alarm / Low Voltage Alarm Technician:
Energetic, self-starter technician needed for growing Fire Alarm division. Successful candidate should be looking for a long-term employment relationship, Likes working with others and being part of a team. Has a good work ethic and strives for top performance. Candidate must be able to service Fire Alarm, Security, and other Low Voltage Systems with minimal supervision. The candidate will be responsible for work at the job(s) and will report to the Alarm Manager.
- Program, start-up, troubleshoot and commission new system installation.
- Clearly communicate to client (electrical contractor, general contractor, end user) on project status, challenges, and completion dates.
- Oversee installation projects, providing direction to the electrical contractor for a successful installation.
- Identify improper installation methods and communicate the necessary corrections required by the electrical contractor
- Review contract and design documents related to the project for accuracy prior to build of system and provide comprehensive red line drawings at the completion of a project.
- Perform inspections to ensure alarms are installed and working according to code
- Complete detailed inspection reports, documenting any issues
- Respond to emergency service calls
- At least 3 years of related work experience required, five or more preferred
- Previous experience in fire alarm inspection, installation and/or service
- Comprehensive knowledge of NFPA, NEC, and local applicable codes
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Ability to pass drug test/background check
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. or more/work on lifts/ladders
- Ability to read blueprints and printed job specifications
- Submit daily activity reports to Alarm Manager
- Complete and follow up on assigned work and take ownership of assigned projects
- Ability to work flexible hours and on-call rotation
- NICET II certification or the ability to become NICET II certified within 2 years
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, professional appearance, work ethic
- Computer skills
- Highly organized with focus on goals
- Able to work independently
- Willing to work after hours if needed
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
International Fire Protection Inc. and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran