It's what's INSIDE that counts...
From immense construction projects that involve complex mechanical systems to custom service projects that require faster builds and reliable 24-hour service, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractor, Inc. (MMC) is your single source solution.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
We Are Committed to Our Employees. At MMC, you are encouraged to:
- Make the decision you think is the right decision to make.
- Ask for help whenever you want it.
- Start something that needs to be started.
- Take time off to do something that inspires, excites and energizes you.
- Help others whenever you can.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESSP)
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Company events include volunteer and wellness activities, holiday parties, sporting events, and casual employee get-togethers ranging from summer grill-outs to local happy hours
Job Title: Service Coordinator
Department: Service Department
Supervisor: Trevor McCullogh, VP/General Manager of Service
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/Hourly
Last Updated: July 2021
MMC is looking for a motivated, highly driven, customer focused candidate to fill a critical service coordination role in our Service Department. This person will be involved in the labor management of over 30 mobile service technicians. This is a fast paced, customer service-oriented environment where you will be an integral part of our Service team.
- Dispatch Responsibilities:
- Support dispatch duties
- Create new jobs
- Initiate purchase orders
- General dispatch of service technicians
- Close jobs on the dispatch side of our software program Coins, as needed
- Work to create and maintain a MMC standard service request procedure
- Maintain shared daily dispatch calendar
- Manage incoming service work orders
- Maintain dispatch afterhours call list of available technicians
- Be available from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (hours will vary for 8-hour shifts)
- Project Coordination:
- Ensure all work areas have what is needed to fulfill the job on a daily basis (e.g. cranes, lifts, parts, etc.)
- Generate field quotes with the help of Service Project Managers
- Sell fast turnaround repair service direct to customers
- Produce preventative maintenance leads for Service Project Managers
- Assist Project Managers by equipping field crew members with required data for daily job tasks
- Monitor and track the location and status of MMC's field labor force at all times
- As time allows, provide admin support for the Service Project Managers
- MMC Technology:
- Strive to stay current in an ever-changing Service coordination program
- Ability to become a "super user" in cutting edge service software technology
- Be focused and contribute to the continuous improvement of MMC Service Department processes
Qualifications and Experience:
- Exceptional customer service experience and skills
- Project a positive attitude always
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to learn dispatch software systems and the Mechanical Service Business quickly
- Intermediate skills with MS Office Products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point)
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Past experience with mechanical company or dispatch experience PREFERRED
- Ability to work independently and cohesively
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong phone and active listening skills
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment