Supports overall corporate and field recruiting strategies to achieve required staffing levels.
Human Resource Director
Key Communication Partners
EVP Operations and Estimating, Area Managers, Group Managers, General Superintendents, Marketing Manager
- Meets with managers to develop specific recruiting plans for open positions.
- Develops and maintain professional relationships with college, university, community college placement offices, community job development agencies and unions as a source to generate qualified candidates.
- Develops and updates recruiting advertising.
- Works with Marketing Manager to update the annual recruiting brochure and recruiting power point presentation.
- Coordinates the efforts of employment agencies and search firms.
- Schedules and attends job/career fairs with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants.
- Provides information on company operations and job opportunities to potential applicants.
- Screens and refers qualified applicants to hiring managers for interviewing. May provide initial screening to obtain work history, education, job skills and salary requirements.
- Schedules interviews as needed.
- Arranges travel and lodging for applicants, if necessary.
- Conducts reference and background checks.
- Responds to applicants regarding application status.
- Develops and conducts training programs for managers with goal of improving recruiting and hiring efficiencies – reducing turnover.
- Maintains applicant tracking and records on recruiting activities as required for both corporate and job specific recruiting.
- Researches, analyzes, prepares and presents hiring statistics.
- Participates in development of annual recruiting budget.
- Work with all company departments to develop on-going career development criteria
- Track training and career development progress for all company employees
- Develop and maintain a current resource inventory for available outside training
- Work with internal departments to establish in-house trainers and maintain records of their training
- Maintain positive business relationships with clients and business partners.
- Internally helps foster an efficient, productive environment by getting to know co-workers
- Cross train in all aspects of the HR Department to provide assistance as necessary.
- Substitute at the front desk as needed.
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required. At least five years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred. SHRMs Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus.
Language Skills: must be able to read and write in English; speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; the ability to read and write in Spanish is useful but not required
Mathematical Skills: basic business math
Reasoning Ability: apply common sense understanding to carry out multiple step instructions. Deal with standardized situations with occasional variables; identifies and resolve problems
Computer Skills: must type at least 50 wpm; be fluent in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs and be able to learn and utilize new computer programs and technologies
People Skills: must be able to interface in a positive way with employees, the public and agencies; must be able to maintain confidential information and remain open to others’ ideas
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record
Travel: This position requires up to 25% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position; days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.