Find your career with Farmers Coop Society today! We are a progressive coop in a growing industry, committed to providing the highest level of service to customers.
We strive to promote from within and offer a range of great career opportunities. You’ll enjoy doing rewarding work, receiving competitive compensation, and excellent benefit packages.
When you join Farmers Coop Society, you’ll be joining a cooperative that has been proudly farmer owned since 1907.
Overall Job Function:
The grain operations superintendent oversees all aspects of the operations of the location; including safety, maintenance, grain division, performs and coordinates loading and unloading inbound and outbound grain, fertilizer and anhydrous, dispatch of agronomy equipment, all while striving to meet the demands of the customer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees facility maintenance to ensure that equipment and facilities are in good working order, neat and clean, keeps good housekeeping records and preventative maintenance records for all departments around the facility.
- Observes, recognizes, implements and follows all safety procedures, as well as leads monthly safety meeting.
- Coordinates and engages in unloading, loading, storing, grading and blending of grain as well as inspects grain to determine grading requirements and moisture, directs processing of grain to prepare grain for milling and shipping, as well as directs daily movement of products between locations, within facilities, in preparation for loading and delivery of products to the producer, fields. Loading, unloading and transportation of grain by bucket elevators and conveyors to storage tanks.
- Inspects samples of grain from incoming shipment to verify variety of grain with invoice and route to designated storage bin according to variety and quality of grain. Keeps inventory boards up to date with measurements.
- Controls and manages costs to help keep all expenses down, as well as ensuring monthly inventory is completed
- Ensures all outbound loads are loaded, secured, and placarded properly; assists in loading and unloading trucks arriving at and leaving the facility.
- Handles all products in a manner that avoids unnecessary damage or accidents, keeps boot pits clear of debris and spilled grain, picks and cleans all spilled grain on the ground.
- Evaluates and coaches location employees on work performance.
- Assists other departments as need arises and time allows.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- Understand DOT placarding and DOT hazardous rules.
- Ability to operate and understand mobile equipment.
- Possess mechanical skills to perform minor maintenance tasks on grain equipment and property.
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally.
- High level of customer service focus.
- Supports a consistent professional image of the company.
- Observes safety policy and procedure as an absolute.
- Attitude of positivity and reacts calmly under pressure.
- Work ethic of the highest integrity.
- Commitment to dependability and willingness to work to meet goals and deadlines.
- Effectively solve problems of grain department.
- Comfort in adding, subtracting, multiplication and division of whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Experience with grain operations, warehousing, maintenance and organizational management preferred.
This position is based in a fast paced agricultural setting and is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and vibrations. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate but occasionally may be loud. PPE will be provided and must be utilized according to safety standards. Typical working hours are based on customer and organizational demand; hours may be long, irregular and including weekends and holidays during peak season.
While performing job functions the employee will be required to talk and hear most of the time. The employee will spend frequent intervals moving and sitting, while also needing to reach, bend, twist, crawl, crouch, stoop or kneel. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and maneuver on and off a mobile equipment. Ability of close, distant, color and peripheral vision is required; along with accurate depth perception. The physicality of this job is high.
- 401k Company matches 50% up to 10%
- Vacation & Paid Holidays after 30 days of employment
- Company bonus incentive
- Excellent health insurance plans
- Dental & Vision available
- Short & Long Term Disability provided at no cost to you
- Life Insurance
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Clothing Allowance
- 10% Discount on purchases at the How-To Building Center
*FCS job descriptions are a representation of a job requirements knowledge, skills and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. After reading the contents of this job description, I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this description for my records. I realize this document is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position; however, Farmers Cooperative Society reserves the right to revise, add or eliminate job functions and duties as conditions warrant. I also understand that I may be required to work overtime, different shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek to achieve the company’s goals. I further understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment, nor alter my status as an “at-will” employee.