APi Group is a market-leading service provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide. APi Group provides statutory mandated services to a strong base of long-standing customers across industries, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovation solutions for our customers. Our growth has been driven by acquisition of companies into the APi family of Safety, Specialty, and Industry Services worldwide. Our acquisition strategy over the years has led us to become a growing multi-billion-dollar company with many independent legacy systems and processes supporting our companies. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
We are currently seeking a Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for the strategy and oversight of the Corporate Real Estate portfolio, the overall maintenance and repairs of the buildings, grounds, and associated equipment of the APi Group HQ Campus Facilities, and efficient, cost-effective execution of Facilities projects. You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities for procurement of facilities services for multiple locations from national and/or regional partners, implementation of service contracts and ongoing relationship management with selected partners.
This position reports to the National Procurement Manager and has direct report responsibilities for one staff member – the Office & Facilities Coordinator at APi HQ Campus.
Real Estate Management – Approx. 45% of Role
- Establish and lead corporate real estate strategy and oversight for both domestic and international real estate portfolio.
- Ability to track and maintain accurate records of all APi Company real estate, including owned and leased
- Work with APi companies to review and help optimize key real estate contract
- Facilitate efficient real estate/property management across APi enterprise – help make sure we leverage existing real estate between sister companies.
APi HQ Campus Facilities Management - Approx. 45% of Role
- Oversight and coordination of vendors, service, and maintenance for APi
- Maintain facility functions so that they meet the needs of our people and
- Ensure safety of all employees and visitors via precautionary measures and ongoing preventative
- Create and maintain vendor
- Conduct vendor searches and seek RFPs as needed to maintain high quality service and cost
- Oversee larger projects and manage vendors to hit deadlines, budget (project management).
- Maintain functionality of building
- Understand all equipment systems and who services
- Negotiate service and vendor
- Perform minor maintenance work when able or
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement, efficiency, and cost
Facilities Services Procurement - Approx. 10% of Role
- Identification of national and/or regional facilities services procurement
- Implementation of service contracts and ongoing relationship
- Oversight and coordination of vendors that service multiple office
- Re-evaluation, RFPs and contract negotiation with service providers as needed (new locations, service issues, new vendors, )
Management of Direct Reports
- Manage and develop the Office & Facilities Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree
- Real Estate experience in lease negotiations and renewals; developing and implementing portfolio real estate strategy; international experience preferred
- Facilities management experience in related role with vendor management and/or project management duties
- Experience establishing and managing portfolio facilities services program across multiple facilities and geographies
- 5+ years of experience in real estate, facilities management, or related roles
Competencies and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of functional area and department
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate to all levels of an
- Good business acumen and customer service
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and creative problem
- Ability to build relationships and establish
- Ability to lead and influence
- Flexibility and the ability to work under changing priorities and peak
- Ability to maintain high standards of professional conduct at all
- Microsoft Suite product proficiency (Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint, ).
- Ability to work full-time and on-site at APi Group HQ facilities.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.