APi Group is a market-leading service provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide. APi Group provides statutory mandated services to a strong base of long-standing customers across industries, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovation solutions for our customers. Our growth has been driven by acquisition of companies into the APi family of Safety, Specialty, and Industry Services worldwide. Our acquisition strategy over the years has led us to become a growing multi-billion-dollar company with many independent legacy systems and processes supporting our companies. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
We are currently seeking a Facilities Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance and repairs of the buildings, grounds and associated equipment of the APi Group HQ Campus Facilities, and efficient, cost-effective execution of Facilities projects. You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities for procurement of facilities services for multiple locations from national and/or regional partners, implementation of service contracts and ongoing relationship management with selected partners, and for oversight of the Corporate Real Estate portfolio.
This position reports to the National Procurement Manager and has direct report responsibilities for one staff member – the Office & Facilities Coordinator at APi HQ Campus.
APi HQ Campus Facilities Management - Approx. 75% of Role
- Oversight and coordination of vendors, service, and maintenance for APi campus.
- Maintain facility functions so that they meet the needs of our people and visitors.
- Ensure safety of all employees and visitors via precautionary measures and ongoing preventative maintenance.
- Create and maintain vendor relationships.
- Conduct vendor searches and seek RFPs as needed to maintain high quality service and cost efficiencies.
- Oversee larger projects and manage vendors to hit deadlines, budget (project management).
- Maintain functionality of building infrastructure.
- Understand all equipment systems and who services them.
- Negotiate service and vendor contracts.
- Perform minor maintenance work when able or necessary.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement, efficiency, and cost savings.
Real Estate Management – Approx. 15% of Role
- Ability to track and maintain accurate records of all APi Company real estate, including owned and leased properties.
- Work with APi companies to review and help optimize key real estate contract terms.
- Facilitate efficient real estate/property management across APi enterprise – help make sure we leverage existing real estate between sister companies.
Facilities Services Procurement - Approx. 10% of Role
- Identification of national and/or regional facilities services procurement opportunities.
- Implementation of service contracts and ongoing relationship management.
- Oversight and coordination of vendors that service multiple office locations.
- Re-evaluation, RFPs and contract negotiation with service providers as needed (new locations, service issues, new vendors, etc.)
Management of Direct Reports
- Manage and develop the Office & Facilities Coordinator position.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in related role with vendor management and/or project management duties
- Facilities/Property Management experience establishing and managing portfolio facilities services program across multiple facilities and geographies
- Real Estate experience in lease negotiations and renewals; developing and implementing portfolio real estate strategy
Competencies and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of functional area and department processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate to all levels of an organization.
- Good business acumen and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and creative problem solving.
- Ability to build relationships and establish trust.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Flexibility and the ability to work under changing priorities and peak workloads.
- Ability to maintain high standards of professional conduct at all times.
- Microsoft Suite product proficiency (Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to work full-time and on-site at APi facilities.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.