Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Repair Technician Assistant
We use camera equipment to quickly and conveniently complete inspections from the street level of customer’s site. These inspections are used to mark the sewer/storm utilities so that we can prevent damage during construction. Overtime this camera equipment requires maintenance and repairs to be completed to keep the equipment operational. As a Repair Technician Assistant, you will learn and be trained from the ground up.
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What Is Required?
- Must be reliable and able to work in a team environment
- Excellent reading skills to understand and comprehend all construction warning signs
- Preferred soldering experience
- Detailed oriented
- Providing useful and detailed reports
- Preferred customer service experience
- Strong communication skills and phone etiquette
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must ensure the proper use of personal safety equipment
- Maintain a clean shop, pick up all tools and equipment, and secure the shop each day
- Preferred ability to read schematics
- Require passing a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug tests
- Great attention to safety
- Able to work in high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
- Will be lifting, pushing, pulling, or carrying heavy objects, using abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.