APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking an Integration Solutions Engineer. In this role, you will work closely with development teams to architect, design, build, and implement application integrations across the enterprise. You will work with the business and business analysts to evaluate existing components and systems to determine integration requirements and to ensure final solutions meet organizational needs.
- Collaborate with product and development teams to architect, design, build, and implement application integrations.
- Build effective technical requirements out of defined business requirements and collaborate with business units when further refinement is required to create technical requirements.
- Continually define and enforce technical integration standards and patterns. Defining includes but is not limited to wiki/catalogue documentation on the pattern/standard. Enforcing includes but is not limited to code reviews and Azure DevOps policies.
- Measure and advise both team members and partners of performance, scalability, reliability, monitoring and other operational concerns of integration solutions. Articulate and present alternate patterns/architectures/processes in relation to the Well-Architected Framework pillars.
- Templatize standard reusable patterns for DevOps based deployments and coach team members and partners on intended use and development with them.
- Comprehend and bake short- and long-term company goals and strategies into our solutions.
- Triage degraded environments during break/fix events.
- Evaluate existing integration solutions continuously and present effective improvements or entirely new solutions in relation to the Well-Architected Framework.
- Estimate and manage workloads both within sprints as well as assist in estimating time and workloads for total product delivery.
- Develop an integrations catalogue in collaboration with team members as a central source of information on business and technical information for each integration.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience as a developer, engineer, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year College or University or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate verbally, in writing, and via diagrams or other visual mediums. A track record of successfully collaborating with team members with diverse cultural norms and primary languages.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and analytical/problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work at times outside business hours during maintenance/release events and triage scenarios.
- Collaborative contributor who can work independently without direct management when situations require. Can also work with and motivate other team members.
- Light travel may be required though it is not common in this role.
Competencies and Skills:
- Experience developing integrations between on-premises legacy systems and cloud based SAAS products via Azure Functions, Data Factory, Service Bus, etc.
- A complete understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using DevOps tools preferably with at least one year of experience deploying from Microsoft DevOps pipelines.
- Azure Application Insights and Log Analytics experience is a plus.
- Experience with a low-code integration tooling like Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, Informatica, etc. is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience working with microservices architecture. Specifically developing integrations with microservice based applications
- Experience using Java & Groovy for legacy integration improvement and triage is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience developing on Microsoft Stack components.
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps principles and how to practice them in day-to-day work.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.