APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking an Application Integrations Engineer. As a member of the application integrations team, you will leverage advanced technical expertise to resolve complex platform-related issues affecting customers. As a development expert, you will enable customer success by helping business and IT stakeholders overcome technical challenges. You will provide hands-on troubleshooting, feature explanation, and best practice guidance to the broader Technical Support team to assist business and IT stakeholders during critical and time-sensitive situations while partnering with development teams.
- Design, develop and deploy interface and integration points configured in Boomi/MuleSoft/Informatica platforms.
- Develop batch integrations to transfer data in bulk between enterprise applications.
- Identify ongoing risks and pain points throughout the project, develop and implement mitigation measures.
- Design reusable assets, components, standards, frameworks, and processes to support and facilitate Application Programming Interface (API) and integration requirements
- Work with team onshore-offshore team to support the integration environment, including defect resolution, and root cause analysis
- Participate in the continuous improvement activities
- Design patterns for building middleware systems from the ground up
- Adhere to documented design and development patterns and standards
- Support business and IT stakeholders during implementations, deployment, and post-production support
- Create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the developer community
- Take ownership of customer issues through to resolution - including troubleshooting, internal communication, and providing meaningful feedback regularly
- Identify ongoing risks and pain points throughout the project, develop and implement mitigation measures
- Have a deep understanding of Synchronous / Asynchronous communication patterns and problem-solving abilities concerning Message Sequencing, Correlation, and Queuing is a must
- Work with team to create and influence proper standards for development, governance, and operational lifecycle
Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum three plus years of experience working with the Boomi/ MuleSoft/ Informatica platforms as a Developer/ Engineer
- Strong knowledge of EAI/SOA best practices, development methodologies and standards, experience in the Application Integration Architecture, Solution Design, and Development using SOA/EAI solutions
- Experience in small to large size implementations, working with globally distributed teams
- Strong background and a solid understanding of object-oriented concepts and languages
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of REST and SOAP web-based services, with a working knowledge of WSDL interpretation, generation, and consumption
- Proven analysis, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong Programming skills using J2EE, Design Patterns, JMS, SOAP / REST Web Services, XSLT, etc.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues
- In-depth knowledge of database concepts and data management (RDBMS) and SQL
- Good hands-on experience in API Manager, Runtime Manager, RAML, Exchange, Design Center, is a plus
- Flexibility to work at times outside business hours during maintenance/release events and triage scenarios.
- A collaborative contributor who can work independently without direct management when situations require. Can also work with and motivate other team members
- Travel up to 40% expected
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any related field and a minimum of five years relevant experience providing application integration solution
- Certification in Boomi/ MuleSoft / Informatics is preferred
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.