APi Group is a global, market-leading business services provider of safety and specialty services in over 500 locations in approximately 20 countries. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking an Application Integrations Engineer. As a member of the application integrations team, you will leverage advanced technical expertise to resolve complex platform-related issues affecting customers. As a development expert, you will enable customer success by helping business and IT stakeholders overcome technical challenges. You will provide hands-on troubleshooting, feature explanation, and best practice guidance to the broader Technical Support team to assist business and IT stakeholders during critical and time-sensitive situations while partnering with development teams.
- Design, develop, deploy, maintain, and support integration process between applications across cloud and on-premises systems using the Boomi AtomSphere platform.
- Identify ongoing risks and pain points throughout the project, develop and implement mitigation measures.
- Design reusable assets, components, standards, frameworks, and processes to support and facilitate Application Programming Interface (API) and integration requirements
- Work with team onshore-offshore team to support the integration environment, including defect resolution, and root cause analysis
- Participate in the continuous improvement activities
- Adhere to documented design and development patterns and standards
- Support business and IT stakeholders during implementations, deployment, and post-production support
- Create and maintain a knowledge base of processes, proper standards, and best practices.
- Take ownership of customer issues through to resolution – including troubleshooting, internal communication, and providing meaningful feedback regularly
Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum three plus years’ experience in software development, specifically in the integration space with Boomi.
- Strong knowledge of EAI/SOA best practices, development methodologies and standards, experience in the Application Integration Architecture, Solution Design, and Development using SOA/EAI solutions
- Experience in small to large size implementations, working with globally distributed teams
- Have a deep understanding of Synchronous / Asynchronous communication patterns and problem-solving abilities concerning Message Sequencing, Correlation, and Queuing is a must
- Strong background and a solid understanding of object-oriented concepts and languages
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with common web connectivity and integration standards/protocols such as XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, and JDBC
- Good hands-on experience in API Manager, Runtime Manager, RAML, Exchange, Design Center, is a plus
- Flexibility to work at times outside business hours during maintenance/release events and triage scenarios.
- A collaborative contributor who can work independently without direct management when situations require. Can also work with and motivate other team members
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues
- Travel up to 5%
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.