Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
This is an entry level position that does not require formal experience within the IT field, but we are looking for someone with well-established technical skills and a desire to build on that foundation. An ideal team member would be enthusiastic about working with our user base one on one to troubleshoot and assist in resolving technical issues and roadblocks.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Configuring hardware for deployments
- Providing basic technical support to our company’s rapidly growing user base
- Communicate basic computer procedures in a clear way to a variety of users including a primary base of inexperienced computer users
- Learn current processes within our IT group quickly and be able to execute these processes efficiently
- Weekly inventory of onsite equipment
- Generating reports and basic data entry
- Keep clear records of incident tickets and equipment changes in accordance to our standards
- Occasionally travel to remote offices for support
- On-site administrative tasks
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Industry-leading benefits; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401(k)
What is Required?
- High School Diploma or Higher
- Valid Driver’s License
- Intermediate comprehension of computers
- Well versed in operating computers with Windows operating systems as well as using and supporting Microsoft Office applications
- Experienced in using and supporting Apple iOS mobile devices
- A solid foundation of troubleshooting skills and real-life experience solving technical problems
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Experience with hands-on repairs to computers
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Possess high level of attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn new techniques or methods
- Interested in expanding an existing knowledge base in the IT field and building
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), preferred
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.