Bartingale Mechanical is one of the premiere Plumbing & HVAC contractors in Wisconsin. Our business is headquartered in Eau Claire and serves most of Western Wisconsin.
Our mission is to provide top quality plumbing, HVAC, and temperature control services to residential and commercial customers. We pride ourselves in working for the best customers in Wisconsin, who call us for their mechanical projects. We provide top notch air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, and building automation services utilizing the best tools and products available on the market.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a HVAC-R Service Technician position. This is an hourly, union position that will provide skilled services relating to repair, installation, and commissioning for all new and existing HVAC-R systems. The role performs site maintenance tasks and repairs at all customer Residential, Commercial, and Industrial facilities and will be responsible to represent the company on customer locations/sites for service work in the area.
- Two-year HVAC technical school degree, or four years associated experience.
- Working knowledge of HVAC-R equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Ability to assume responsibility within the scope of the role.
- Flexibility to work emergency on-call as needed.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively represent the company in an ethical and professional manner and consistent with our values and mission.
- Valid State Driver’s license, and able to travel to customer locations
- Ability to learn and use a service software platform
Certification, License, Registration:
- CFC/EPA Universal Certification
- Clean driving record
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair HVAC-R systems for residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
- Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of systems.
- Interpret work orders and perform work requested with limited direction. Enter and close work orders via the Service software platform
- Operate a variety of tools and machines incidental to operations.
- Requisition of repair parts and equipment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Comply with Company policy and standards.
- Always adhere to all safety and vehicle related policies.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently, strong work ethic and time management skills.
- Attention to detail on systems operations under contract with customers
- In depth knowledge of various mechanical fundamentals.
- Ability to work from specifications or verbal instructions and to use a variety of hand/power tools.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, initiative and self-discipline
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team setting.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
- The employee is regularly required to drive a vehicle, sitting for periods of time throughout the day.
- Frequent pushing/pulling using both hands/arms while moving equipment, materials, etc., exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Frequent climbing/balancing on stairs and ladders.
- Constant bending/twisting at waist/knees/neck while performing job duties.
- Occasional kneeling/crouching while performing duties at or near ground level; occasional working in confined spaces.
- Constant use of both hands/arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering/squeezing while using tools and equipment, overhead reaching required.
- Constant use of sight abilities in performing duties and in maintaining a safe work environment, visual requirements include color vision, depth perception, hand/eye/foot coordination and visual acuity in near and midrange vision.
- Constant use of speech/hearing abilities in communicating with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- The environmental conditions for this position include climate controlled indoor activity to inclement outdoor extremes of cold, heat, dust, wind and various forms of precipitation. Exposure to a variety of noise and equipment vibration.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required, to include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness