Senior Director of Wraparound and Outpatient Behavioral Health
$90,000 to $110,000 annually (Based on years of applicable experience)
Full-time, Regular Status, FLSA Exempt
Open Until Filled
Childhaven is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and recruiting candidates of every race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status as provided by law. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are highly encouraged to apply!
For over 110 years Childhaven has been a leader in serving children, families, and communities that have experienced trauma and adversity. In the past few years, we have been adding services and locations, becoming more community-based, and forming partnerships to increase our impact. In June 2020, Childhaven consolidated with Renton Area Youth and Family Services (RAYS) and Art with Heart, which further expanded our capacity to better serve more children, families, and communities. By combining our legacy of healing-centered care, with the expertise of our new partners, Childhaven is building a continuum of care model that is unlike any other in the Puget Sound Region.
We are proud to be a values-driven organization that serves families from diverse communities. Our values are the compass we use to get us there. They guide us in the way we treat each other, the decisions we make, and the success we achieve. Values are the touchstones to chart and guide our behavior, and reflect our commitment to:
- TEAMWORK: Relationships come first.
- EQUITY: There’s infinite value in every human.
- EXCELLENCE: Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
- DEDICATION: Do more. Do better.
- RESPECT: Meet people where they are.
- REFLECTION: Feelings Matter. Stepping back and exploring possibilities.
Going forward, we are embarking on a new and very ambitious strategic impact plan to further strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation. In the next five years our goals are to double the number of locations and quadruple the number of children and families we are serving - all while developing and strengthening partnerships with other community-based organizations, referral sources, government agencies, and universities. In so doing, we are opening doors to a host of new roles and opportunities within the organization. And that’s where you come in.
You are a passionate, driven, and dedicated Senior Director of Wraparound and Behavioral Health who is excited by this opportunity to bring your superpowers and diverse mix of skills and experience to advance our work. You share our vision to help ensure that all children are safe and healthy; thriving physically, socially emotionally and educationally; and well nurtured by family and by their community. You too are constructively dissatisfied with the status quo, embrace continuous improvement, and heed the call to better serve more. You are equal parts learner, leader, and mentor… and see around the corners of a challenge, replaying the question of “What if” with a reply of “Why not”.
You proactively break down silos and nurture a cohesive and collaborative team that prioritizes “we” and “ours” over “I” and “my”. You foster an environment of belonging, healing, and relationship-building - and recognize that feelings matter. You take initiative, participate fully, and engage deeply, all while maintaining a sense of humor and having fun. You whole-heartedly embrace diversity, equity, inclusion, and culture. You are curious, courageous, and reflective – and willing to bring your humanity to work.
If this sounds like you – we need to meet - and talk more about the positive impact, we could have together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Wraparound and Outpatient Behavioral Health will advance Childhaven’s mission, vision, values, and goals through the successful leadership of multiple services lines. Upon hire, the position will directly or indirectly lead a team of approximately 40 to 50 team members and manage a budget of approximately $5 million. The Director will support team leads, and all team members, in ongoing efforts to improve quality, outcomes, growth, financial health, professional development, culture and morale. A successful candidate will also have a commitment to advance Childhaven’s anti-racism work, which includes building and supporting a multicultural workforce.
- Work with WRAPAROUND AND OPBH teams to integrate healing-centered, relationship-based, trauma-informed, and anti-racist infant and early childhood mental health principles throughout the program and organization.
- Lead the recruitment, hiring, supervision, training, and support of all Wraparound and OPBH staff.
- Manage and consistently work to improve program growth, revenue and expenses, child counts, productivity, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Provide reflective and administrative supervision for Program Managers and front line staff.
- Work with our Chief Program and Operations Officer and other senior leaders on program efficiency, effectiveness and outcome measurement.
- Plan, lead and participate in scheduled supervision, team meetings, and administrative meetings.
- Maintain current knowledge of evidence-based and evidence-informed practices and research.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and contracting requirements.
- Government Relations and Partnership Development
- Serve as ambassador to government contractors, donors and other potential supporters.
- Network with referral sources and other Early Learning, ESIT and Home Visiting programs to share our Collective Impact vision and develop partnership opportunities.
- Identify, research, cultivate and secure existing and new government grants and contracts.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or a related field.
- Specialized clinical training in infant/early childhood mental health frameworks, principles and strategies.
- Washington Licensed Mental Health Professional (e.g., LMHC, LICSW, LMFT).
- Meet the Clinical Supervisor qualifications in Washington State.
- Training and experience receiving and providing reflective supervision and consultation.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to successfully work within a diverse cultural setting and provide culturally dynamic, equitable and supportive services.
- The ability to adapt to change and use flexible thinking.
- A sense of humor.
- Computer literacy; knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Teams; and experience with Electronic Medical Record systems (e.g., Credible)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record, have state required minimum automobile insurance, and be able to use own vehicle for the job.
- A cleared portable background check through Washington Department of Early Learning and Childhaven.
- Maintain current certifications including child/infant CPR, first aid and AED, HIV and blood borne pathogens.
- Training in any of the following: Promoting First Relationships, Circle of Security, Brazelton’s Touchpoints, Bruce Perry’s Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics, Connie Lillas’ Neuro Relational Framework, Fussy Baby FAN Model, Child Parent Psychotherapy, and Brazelton and Nugent’s Newborn Behavioral Observation.
- Specialized certification as an Infant/Early Childhood Mental Health Specialist and/or endorsed as an Infant Mental Health Specialist or Infant Mental Health Mentor through the Washington Association of Infant Mental Health.
- Endorsed or vetted to provide Reflective Supervision and Consultation through the Washington Association of Infant Mental Health.
- Training in best practices related to Relational Health, Healing Centered Practices, Anti-Racism, and Trauma Informed Care.
- Experience working in or closely with the following programs: Early Support for Infants and Toddlers / Early Intervention; ECEAP, Head Start, and Early Head Start; Working Connections Child Care; Healthy Starts; Kinship, etc.
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, Respect, and Reflection. Here is a little bit about what we offer our staff:
- We believe in a fully transparent hiring process.
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account, healthcare reimbursement account, a 403(b) savings program with employer A full listing of benefits is available.
- Opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and education topics, advocacy and more.
- We are dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them and their As a member of Childhaven staff, you will be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and our anti-racism council, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs, practices and policies are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through Birddog or our website
- Please complete the application and attach a resume and cover letter that details how you meet the requirements of the job.
- Applications without the resume and cover letter attached may not be considered.
- If you require an accommodation to participate in the selection process, please let us know.