Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
This position is responsible for the coordination and completion of administrative responsibilities for the unit. This position will assist in the data entry of Head Start/Early Head Start Component information. This is a confidential position that will work closely with the Head Start/Early Head Start Director and Head Start/Early Head Start Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, and Application (ERSEA) Coordinator.
WAGE AND SCHEDULE
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm School Day, School Year; $14.94
- Ensure compliance, program records, and documentation required for HACAP programs, child-care licensing regulations, CACFP, Head Start Performance Standards, Head Start Act and funding requirements.
- Assists the HS/EHS ERSEA Coordinator in maintaining funding and program files and records.
- Responsible for data entry into the computerized THO/CIS software program for the Head Start/Early Head Start program.
- Edits documents for the unit for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Types of various correspondence and forms for the unit.
- Develops format for forms/documentation systems as prescribed by Program Administration.
- Assists program and funding source reports for the unit.
- Provides assistance to the HS/EHS Compliance Supervisor with Head Start Policy Council as needed.
- Answers inquiries regarding the Head Start and Early Head Start Program.
- Initiate, coordinate, and assure timely completion of administrative responsibilities within the unit.
- Orders and distributes supplies and equipment for the unit.
- Participate in program assessments.
- Provides child ratio coverage in the classroom on an emergency basis to meet state licensing and/or federal compliance regulations.
- Performs other duties as directed by the HS/EHS ERSEA Coordinator.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, values, policy, and procedure by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to HACAP through quality job performance, a sense of responsibility for high achievement, professional appearance, awareness of current events throughout HACAP, and positive promotion of HACAP.
- Consistently work positively and cooperatively with fellow Team Members.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to flexibly changing situations to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Consistently come to work on time, working as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time.
- Maintain appropriate attire and good grooming habits to support HACAP’s desire for safe and efficient operations, providing greater service and better customer relations.
- Must possess high integrity and ensure confidentiality of any information concerning an employee, client, family, financial condition, or personal peculiarities is strictly maintained.
- Ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage, and destruction within HACAP as required by HIPAA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four (4) years of administrative assistant experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of administrative assistant experience
- Experience to indicate the ability to work under pressure with limited supervision.
- Experience with computers including word processing, database software, and graphic design.
- Ability to read, comprehend and implement procedures
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to relate to low-income people
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with age-appropriate activities in the classroom and relate with children in a positive way
- Detail orientated
- Receive clearance by the Iowa Department of Human Services on child abuse and criminal checks prior to hire and resubmit every two (2) years.
- Pass a pre-employment health examination and subsequent health examinations every two (2) years thereafter.