Job Title: Payroll & Human Resources Coordinator
Supervisor: Lori Beattie, Payroll Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt / Salary
Last Updated: July 2021
MMC’s Payroll and Human Resources Coordinator brings strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills to this developing function of the payroll department. With a strong focus on accuracy and robust interest in the details, the PR/HR Coordinator will manage a wide array of PR/HR duties. The PR/HR Coordinator must be an effective communicator and embrace flexibility.
- Grasp the process for union and non-union weekly payroll accurately and efficiently. Responsible for processing payroll 6-12 times per year and serve as the back-up administrator when needed.
- Assist as needed with certified payroll reports.
- Provide support with post payroll reporting and payments, including monthly union fringes.
- Human Resources
- Coordinate the new hire process from assisting managers with recruitment efforts, extending offers, and administer pre-employment requirements through administering the New Hire Orientation.
- Create all necessary forms and processes for recruitment and new employee orientation – for both office and field staff.
- Enter and update employee information in the HRIS system.
- Maintain all HR files within legal parameters, including but not limited to employee files, I-9’s, Leave of Absences, Affirmative Action, and MN Wage Notices.
- Process all HR paperwork in a timely and accurate manner, including but not limited to new hire, benefits, performance management, and termination.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-year college degree and 1 year of HR, Payroll and/or Accounting experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of HR, payroll and union payroll basic principles preferred.
- Construction experience a plus.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information required.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience with HRIS systems.
- Positive attitude.
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESSP)
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
It’s what’s INSIDE that counts…
From immense construction projects that involve complex mechanical systems to custom service projects that require faster builds and reliable 24-hour service, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) is your single source solution.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, customer support and office staff.
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to ensure the best experience for our clients, contractors and employees.
We Are Committed to Our Employees. At MMC, you are encouraged to:
- Make the decision you think in the right decision to make.
- Ask for help whenever you want it.
- Start something that needs to be started.
- Take time off to do something that inspires, excites and energizes you.
- Help others whenever you can.