FIRE ALARM TECHNICIAN
Work with a great team dedicated to helping your development as a fire alarm technician.
Pay Range: Based on experience
Prior Fire Alarm Experience necessary. Pay dependent upon level of experience and education.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Perform installation, programming, inspection, testing, maintenance and repair of multiple fire detection and signaling systems. Projects may include but are not limited to Fire Alarm, Security Alarm & Access Control.
About Security Fire:
As a life safety contractor, we at Security Fire Protection have a reputation for protecting people’s lives and property. Over the past 50 years we have built our reputation by taking on challenging projects (Link for most recent) and our diligent inspection & maintenance. All this has been done in thanks to our 100+ employees between our offices in Memphis (Headquarters), Nashville, and Knoxville (Morristown Automatic Sprinkler). To learn more about Security Fire please click here.
- Able to work independently and with subcontractors.
- Manufacturer training/certification a plus.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, and schematics.
- Must interact well with personnel and customers. Have a professional appearance. Basic computer experiences a plus.
- Willingness to obtain NICET Certification for Fire Alarm Systems Level I within one year.
- One year of experience involving security systems is preferred.
- Ability to be available on-call when scheduled.
- Effectively plan the day-to-day activities of the assembly, installation, and repair of fire alarm systems.
- Read and understand construction documents including plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, and agreements.
- Provide guidance and direction to crews in meeting the budgets and schedule dates of each project.
- Ensure job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of the project.
- Interact with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships.
- Manage labor and materials to ensure the assigned tasks meet or beat budgets.
- Inform Leadership of all issues affecting production, materials, schedule, costs, and relationships.
- Serve as trainer and coach for crew members.
- Focus on safety and safety practices first and foremost at all task inceptions, including Daily Huddles, Tool Box Talks, etc.
- Attend all jobsite and office meetings related to assigned projects as needed and required, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed as required by GC/Owner.
- Interpret company policies for workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Plan and adjust work schedules to make the most efficient use of assigned manpower and other resources.
- Maintain solid working knowledge of applicable NFPA and Life Safety codes.
- Honor all schedules and internal and external customer commitments.
- Order materials, determine availability, coordinate deliveries, and manage jobsite materials.
- Assess need for equipment and maintain responsibility for all pieces while in your possession.
- Maintain all maintenance and upkeep of company provided vehicles, returning proper documentation as required.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times, ensuring uniforms are in good condition.
- Complete all required, mandatory, and recommended training.