Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Employee Assistance Program
This position is responsible for working with clients in need of assistance with heat, electric, and water assistance; as well as Landlords for rental assistance. This position is responsible for answering phone calls for housing stabilization, taking appointments, completing intake, and application processing for Energy Assistance, Water Assistance, and Rent Assistance.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday- Friday 8:00 am- 4:30 pm; Position starts August 9, 2021, and ends March 4, 2022;
$15.64 hourly per hour
- Answer telephone, provide accurate program information and/or route to the appropriate person.
- Greet visitors/clients, providing information on agency programs or external resources.
- Query client selection database for various records.
- Input data from energy assistance applications and basic intake forms and update data to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with maintaining agency customer/client database.
- Scan files into database, process/route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- File approval/denial letters, labels, vendor receipts, checks, applications, and other records as necessary.
- Provide other general administrative support for Weatherization/LiHEAP Department, handling Incoming calls and faxes.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, values, policy, and procedure by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to HACAP through quality job performance, a sense of responsibility for high achievement, professional appearance, awareness of current events throughout HACAP, and positive promotion of HACAP.
- Consistently work positively and cooperatively with fellow Team Members.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to flexibly changing situations to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Consistently come to work on time, working as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time.
- Maintain appropriate attire and good grooming habits to support HACAP’s desire for safe and efficient operations, providing greater service and better customer relations.
- Must possess high integrity and ensure confidentiality of any information concerning an employee, client, family, financial condition, or personal peculiarities is strictly maintained.
- Ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage, and destruction within HACAP as required by HIPAA.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- AA in business administration or one (1) year of experience in Human Services preferred.
- Work experience to demonstrate:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and active listening techniques.
- Ability to learn, apply, and train on new technology.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with limited supervision.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and standard software such as word processing, spreadsheet, and database management.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Valid driver’s license.
- Reliable transportation to use on the job.
- Valid car insurance