Find your career with Farmers Coop Society today! We are a progressive coop in a growing industry, committed to providing the highest level of service to customers.
We strive to promote from within and offer a range of great career opportunities. You’ll enjoy doing rewarding work, receiving competitive compensation, and excellent benefit packages.
When you join Farmers Coop Society, you’ll be joining a cooperative that has been proudly farmer owned since 1907.
Overall Job Function:
The location office administrator assists in managing the business demands of the location office, all while striving to meet the demands of the customer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and complete daily, weekly and monthly office procedures.
- Working knowledge of FCS computer systems and Microsoft office.
- Record keeping of sales, purchases and accounts receivables.
- Able to communicate effective with customers and staff to manage and assist with questions.
- Completes office bookkeeping responsibilities and grain settlements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Takes calls from customers and directs calls as needed; field employee, manager, feed mill, grain, etc.
- Assists customers with various needs, such as; counter sales, questions, complaints and solutions.
- Prepares needed documents, supports drivers – reports problems to location manager.
- Operates scale and completes all related paperwork for scale traffic / grain recording.
- Assists in other areas of location if needed or asked – other duties as assigned.
- Consistent positive and can do attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable on company software and software support.
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally.
- High level of customer service focus.
- Supports a consistent professional image of the company.
- Observes safety policy and procedure as an absolute.
- Attitude of positivity and reacts calmly under pressure.
- Work ethic of the highest integrity.
- Commitment to dependability and willingness to work to meet goals and deadlines.
- Effectively solve problems of feed department.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prefer experience with customer service / data entry or related field.
This position is based in a fast paced office setting. Equipment utilized will be computer, phone, fax, copy machine and other standard office equipment. Typical office hours are Monday to Friday daytime hours; weekend / holiday and evening hours as deemed by customer demand. Position will occasionally be exposed to elements, loud noise and agricultural equipment.
While performing job functions the employee will be required to talk and hear most of the time. The employee will spend frequent intervals moving and sitting, while also needing to reach, bend, twist, crawl, crouch, stoop or kneel. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and 15 pounds frequently. The physicality of this job is low.
*FCS job descriptions are a representation of a job requirements knowledge, skills and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. After reading the contents of this job description, I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this description for my records. I realize this document is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position; however, Farmers Cooperative Society reserves the right to revise, add or eliminate job functions and duties as conditions warrant. I also understand that I may be required to work overtime, different shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek to achieve the company’s goals. I further understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment, nor alter my status as an “at-will” employee.