Find your career with Farmers Coop Society today! We are a progressive coop in a growing industry, committed to providing the highest level of service to customers.
We strive to promote from within and offer a range of great career opportunities. You’ll enjoy doing rewarding work, receiving competitive compensation, and excellent benefit packages.
When you join Farmers Coop Society, you’ll be joining a cooperative that has been proudly farmer owned since 1907.
Overall Job Function: The outside grain employee performs the daily operation in coordination of loading and unloading inbound and outbound grain, all while striving to meet the demands of the customer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Loads and unloads trucks arriving at and leaving the facility
- Insures all outbound loads are loaded properly
- Assists with daily movement of grain within facilities, as needed, in preparation for loading
- Keeps facilities neat and clean on a daily basis, within defined FCS and OSHA standards
- Observes, recognizes, and follows all safety procedures
- Helps in performing monthly inventory as directed by location manager/supervisor
- Performs equipment maintenance to ensure that equipment is kept in good working order
- Handles grain in a safe manner that maintains quality, avoids unnecessary damage, and prevents accidents
- Expected to assist other departments as time allows / as needed or as directed by location manager/supervisor
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and employees
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- Ability to operation mobile equipment
- Possess mechanical skills to perform minor maintenance tasks on grain equipment and property
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally
- High level of customer service focus
- Supports a consistent professional image of the company
- Observes safety policy and procedure as an absolute
- Attitude of positivity and reacts calmly under pressure
- Work ethic of the highest integrity
- Commitment to dependability and willingness to work to meet goals and deadlines
- Effectively solve problems of grain department
- Comfort in adding, subtracting, multiplication and division of whole numbers, fractions and decimals
Education & Experience:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Prefer experience with grain operations
Training & Safety
While performing the duties of this job the employee will receive required training from programs such as confined space entry, lockout/tagout, first aid awareness, mobile equipment, housekeeping, etc. All positions will following training under the “Company Guideline Requirements”
This position is based in a fast paced agricultural setting and is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and vibrations. The employees is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate but occasionally may be loud. PPE will be provided and must be utilized according to safety standards. Typical working hours are based on customer and organizational demand; hours may be long, irregular and including weekends and holidays during peak season.
While performing job functions the employee will be required to talk and hear most of the time. The employee will spend frequent intervals moving and sitting, while also needing to reach, bend, twist, crawl, crouch, stoop or kneel. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and maneuver on and off a mobile equipment. Ability of close, distant, color and peripheral vision is required; along with accurate depth perception. The physicality of this job is high.
*FCS job descriptions are a representation of a job requirements knowledge, skills and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. After reading the contents of this job description, I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this description for my records. I realize this document is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position; however, Farmers Cooperative Society reserves the right to revise, add or eliminate job functions and duties as conditions warrant. I also understand that I may be required to work overtime, different shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek to achieve the company’s goals. I further understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment, nor alter my status as an “at-will” employee.