Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
This position is responsible for building and maintaining a partnership with individuals and families that experience homelessness. The position works with homeless individuals and families using a housing-first approach to services. The case manager works with each household to develop housing stabilization plans to identify housing and other financial and community supports.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm (some non-traditional hours may be needed); $22.36 hourly.
- Responsibilities and tasks include a wide range of community networking activities to assist homeless households, including those chronically homeless and families, who are at risk of losing their housing and/or who are homeless and in need of securing traditional, permanent housing.
- Maintains precise and accurate documentation of case management services, including housing placement documentation, community referrals, community networking activities in the correct database.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the Housing Program Manuals (CoC, ESG HACAP policies and procedures).
- Work with supervisor and compliance staff on turning in all required case management and housing stabilization documentation.
- Assists participants with completing applications for benefits, employment, social security, and other mainstream resources.
- Advocates for needed services and assist landlords in helping clients meet the obligations of the tenancy.
- Establishes and maintains a collaborative working relationship with community resources; attends and participates in the appropriate coalition and other community resource meetings.
- Work with the assigned caseload to assist individuals in maintaining and obtaining permanent housing.
- Conduct meetings at a time convenient for participants. This will include both daytime and evening weekday hours.
- Work with area landlords to find affordable housing for program participants.
- Attend case conferencing and all other meetings required by the Regional Housing Director and other teammates.
- Perform outreach activities and assist with program enrollment and applications if needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Housing Director.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field and two years experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent and
- 7 years’ work experience in the homeless services field;
- Working knowledge of community resources as they relate to homelessness, mental health/substance abuse, and affordable housing.
- Knowledge of homeless services and affordable housing providers in the assigned service area
- Position may cover up to 3 counties in Eastern Iowa depending on service needs. Daily travel will be required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- SOAR Training (preferred not required)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid car insurance
- Reliable transportation for use on the job