Mears Group - Mears Inc., A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Inc., we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
We are currently seeking a candidate with project coordinator experience to support our Crossbore Division – Sewer Camera Inspection.
Crossbore Division is a program that uses advanced technology to perform video inspections prior to installing new gas lines in order to locate existing lines and confirm previous gas pipeline replacement work did not cause damage to sewer lines, septic lines or storm drains. This inspection process helps ensure there is adequate space to complete installations without impacting sewer lines and identify areas where gas lines need to be rerouted and sewer or septic lines repaired.
Our projects are regulated by federal and state laws which require all employees to successfully pass criminal background checks, MVR, and drug tests (post-employment and random testing).
- Works with a team of 2-5 Project Coordinators to ensure administrative activities are completed for the Sewer Camera Inspection division
- Prepare project packets for assigned projects for field crew daily
- Coordinate and communicate with field crews on status, issues, durations, and special requirements
- Have the ability to read, understand, translate, and create logs and maps on a computer program (Excel and Bluebeam)
- QC inspection videos from the field to ensure all videos are accounted for and meet visual passing requirements
- Adhere by the crossbore standard requirement and template for assigned projects
- Meet assigned deadlines on projects with submission of finalized log, sketch, and videos to Client
- Assisting with City permit applications and notifications and pre-con meets
- Supports Program Manager with timecards, daily reports, scheduling, client billing, and pay invoices on a as needed bases
- Meets work standards by following productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements as necessary
- Updates job knowledge by going to the field, participating in educational opportunities, getting to know/understand division.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Skills):
- Associates or bachelors preferred, not required
- 1-2 years of experience in project coordinator role or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Reasoning ability, including problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite and Outlook email
- Time Management
- Travel to job sites as needed
- Must be able to maintain valid driver license if travelling
- The ability to work safely, with or without supervision.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
It is the continuing policy of Mears Group to afford equal opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other protected class at the local, state, or federal level. No person shall be excluded from employment consideration on the basis of these factors.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. This job description is subject to change at any time.