Geosyntec is looking for an Experienced Remediation Geologist/Hydrogeologist for our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office. We assist our clients by addressing challenging environmental regulatory issues, conducting complex environmental assessments, and applying innovative site remediation technologies. If you are looking for a home for the best years of your career, an opportunity to work for a dynamic, employee-owned firm on challenging projects with extraordinarily talented professionals who are recognized throughout the U.S. for their technical capabilities, then Geosyntec is the place for you.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Founded in South Florida in 1983, we are employee-owned and have about 25 professionals in our Pittsburgh, PA office. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities. You’d also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with business development, staff management, and mentoring tasks. Some of your specific responsibilities for this Experienced Remediation Geologist/Hydrogeologist position may include:
- Project and task management, including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, and adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Management and mentoring of junior staff and managing subcontractors;
- Performing and managing contaminated site remedy evaluation, work plan development, geologic and hydrogeologic data evaluation, and report writing;
- Data analysis, including preparing maps and figures using GIS and/or Environmental Visualization Software (EVS) applications, database management, and statistical analyses;
- Review and manage written document production;
- Prepare for, participate in, and potentially facilitate meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties;
- Prepare technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, and proposals; and
- At times, the job may also include fieldwork, including multi-media environmental sampling, sediment sampling and characterization, drilling oversight, contractor oversight, and remediation system operations, maintenance, and construction oversight.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career.
In line with Geosyntec’s collaboration and mentoring focused culture, you should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you’ll likely be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with proposal and business development activities, staff management, and/or mentoring tasks. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training with current 8-hour refresher, first aid, CPR training and medical monitoring, all paid for by Geosyntec. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 25%
- Overnight travel: Up to 25 %
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in Geology or Hydrogeology. (required)
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Geology or Hydrogeology. (preferred)
- Professional certification (P.G.) in Pennsylvania or ability to obtain professional certification in Pennsylvania through reciprocity or testing within one year of hire date. (requires)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of direct environmental consulting experience. (Required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (Required)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (Preferred)
- Competent in the use of GIS, statistical and/or hydrogeological data evaluation software (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Kentucky, and/or USEPA regulatory requirements related to soil, groundwater, and soil vapor investigation and remediation. (Required)
- Experience in complex investigation and remediation task/project management. (Required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits