Position Summary: Primary responsibilities is to assists the Quality and Manufacturing teams in developing and improving robust manufacturing and inspection procedures and processes which provide for the production of defect free products and services. Assists in the continuous evaluation, validation, and improvement of the Quality Management System. Assists in the communication of customer related activities throughout the organization.
Job Purpose: To be a resource and support to the quality and manufacturing teams in developing robust procedures and processes, and as a resource for providing training, new and refresher, to all members of the NCS team. To assist in the development and delivery of clear and concise procedures and work instructions to the manufacturing floor and manage all documents within Plex.
Reporting: Reports to the QMS-EMS Representative Manager
- Assist the Quality and Manufacturing teams in developing robust procedures and processes for maintaining high standards in Quality Performance, Delivery Performance, Reliability, and Safety.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and delivering clear and concise work instructions to the plant floor personnel.
- Prepare and maintain core tools (APQP, Control Plans, FMEA’s, Flow Diagrams, etc. along with other document and data control items pertaining to the Quality Management System.
- Actively and constructively, participate in the internal auditing process, including providing leadership in cause analysis and corrective action identification and follow-up.
- Provide leadership in and promote effective vertically integrated communication throughout the NCS organization.
- Provide leadership and constructively participate in company-wide continuous improvement activities.
- Actively and constructively, participate in maintaining industry Quality System certifications as required by NCS internal objectives and customer base.
- Assist in the training of NCS personnel as applicable.
- Participate and support performing Layered Audits.
- Backup for running parts on the CMM.
- Manage and update Plex with the NCS QMS-EMS documentation.
- Promotes optimistic attitude and positive balance within the team.
- Create and update Plex for Receiving Inspection for material certifications.
- Provide support to all supervisors and managers as applicable.
- Assist in other areas, when deemed necessary.
- Assumes the responsibility to review and update all NCS EMS policies and procedures. Assures all NCS employees are aware of, and compliant with the EMS policy, objectives, aspects & impacts, and compliance obligations.
Competencies and Education:
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in stamping and/or assembly, preferably in class A sheet metal products.
- Knowledgeable in the IATF 16949 Quality System standard.
- Knowledgeable in the ISO 14001 Environmental System standard.
- Basic knowledge in Windows.
- Knowledgeable in the Core Tools, i.e. APQP, Flow Diagrams, FMEA’s, Control Plans, etc.
- Knowledgeable in basic math and computer skills.
- Knowledge in basic Plex Portal.
- Knowledgeable in Statistical Process Control preferred.
- Associates degree or higher of formal education preferred. Can be substituted by experience and demonstrated knowledge.
The list of responsibilities does not cover every job function and may be expanded as needed.