Position Summary: To assist with the development and design of production and weld assembly process set up. Design and build production and assembly fixtures for new products. Support daily functions of NCS weld and assembly machinery maintenance. Troubleshoot production and weld assembly process problems and assist with ongoing weld maintenance.
Job Purpose: Maintain operating functions of all weld machines and related fixtures to support production and weld assembly processes. Design and build machinery and equipment for weld assembly process flow. Also assist with assembly set up and weld fixture design. Assure preventative maintenance of welding equipment and that all environmental and safety regulations are adhered to.
Reporting: Reports to the Weld / Assembly Supervisor
- Assists NCS management to set up design and build weld fixtures for new jobs.
- Monitors fixtures and checks them with each production run to assure they’re not damaged
- Monitors the use of plant weld maintenance supplies such as; weld wire, weld tips, weld fixture components, weld arms etc…
- Contacts and works with weld suppliers and contractors when needed for repairs or set up
- Coordinates weld maintenance and repair when machine adjustments are required.
- Programs welder and robotic welder settings for heat, tip pressure, timing etc…
- Conducts all specialized weld jobs throughout the plant to include tool and press repair
- Assists production with repair and rework of spilt, cracked or damaged parts that need welding
- Performs weld repairs on all production related equipment to include any and all building maintenance requirements to improve and secure facility infrastructure.
- Can design and build specific equipment for safety or quality related purposes
- Design and build locating inspection fixtures and repair racks when needed
Competencies and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Trade school and or some metallurgical training helpful
- Minimum of 3 years experience in spot and arc welding techniques
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment when required
- Capable of multitasking and to work under pressure to meet production deadlines
- Respond effectively and appropriately to internal inquiries and concerns regarding maintenance
- Can work with minimal supervision and direct others to achieve mutual goals
- Dictated and action orientated to achieve
- Ability to work with others jointly to accomplish company objectives
- Understands and complies with EMS policy, objectives, and procedures.
The list of responsibilities does not cover every job function and may be expanded as needed.