Position Summary: Manufacturing process engineers improve overall manufacturing processes through analysis and strategic planning. They identify inefficient manufacturing processes and work to eliminate them to increase output and decrease costs.
Job Purpose: Working with the Engineering team to play a key role in developing and building new manufacturing cells while also supporting existing cells and equipment. Analyze current production procedures to identify inefficiencies and help to streamline the process for lower cost and higher efficiencies.
Reporting: Director of Manufacturing
- Identify long/short term opportunities for improvements in productivity, equipment reliability, and safety.
- Identify immediate opportunities for productivity improvement in assembly and weld operations, and actively participate/lead the implementation of the necessary changes
- Participate in new/used equipment/tool purchase and commissioning projects.
- Participate in special projects.
- Understands and complies with EMS policy, objectives, and procedures.
- Assist with issues and projects regarding Engineering, Design and Process.
- Develop layouts and process flow analysis to support plant rearrangement and expansion
- Provide the Industrial Engineering support necessary to optimize inventory management.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in manufacturing related to Process Engineering
- A proven track record relative to successful implementation of Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Metal stamping/assembly processes.
- Labor intensive, low volume manufacturing experience.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Familiarity and experience with ISO and TS requirements.
- CAD proficiency relative to job setup, process flow and layout development.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to both ‘do and lead’.
- Technical degree, with Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
(The list of responsibilities does not cover every job function and may be expanded as needed.)