Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full-service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. As we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast. As a result of that growth within our company, we are currently seeking an individual with manufacturing or construction experience to join our team as a Purchasing Agent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a network of sources with multiple vendors to ensure the company is purchasing products from the best programs possible as it pertains to quality, price, timeliness, and customer specifications
- Receives and reviews purchasing requests from various departments and branches, while executing and insuring Purchase Orders are set up in the system under the budgets, and time frames set per job/purchase
- Seeks out and receives quotes for products from the network of suppliers as needed ensuring that the customer’s specifications are met while maintaining a quote log to execute purchase orders as received by the customer
- Tracks delivery orders to ensure timely delivery and expedites orders as needed, following up with suppliers as needed
- Interacts closely with Branch Managers, Project Managers, Designers and field personnel to ensure customer satisfaction and to ensure jobs are costed out proper through purchase orders, manual stock sheets or price books
- Utilizes Microsoft AX to record material and receipt of material transactions.
- Maintains inventory control consistent with budgets set forth by the company while enforcing warehouse procedures
- Works closely with the Purchasing Administrator for material inquiries and order statuses.
- Ensures the shipping and receiving process as it relates to material purchases
- Ensures the company is receiving the right price and the materials or services were received
- None OR
- May supervise shop personnel as it pertains to material inventory, shipping and receiving
- Good oral, written and telephone communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good customer service skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business procedures and regulations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as taxes, discounts, etc.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnish in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to work in team environment as well as work independently
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two plus years’ experience in a purchasing position, with preference in a manufacturing or construction setting
- Experience with Fire protection material, a plus.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid State Driver License
- Notary Public a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Ability to visit the fabrication shop on premises from time to time (includes moderate to loud noise, and outdoor weather conditions)
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- May require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- Will require lifting of materials and shipments up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Requires using the computer and phone consistently throughout the day
- May be required to climb a ladder from time to time
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.