Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Project/Field Engineer for projects for our Midwest region. We combine more than 75 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
The Project/Field Engineer will work with Project Managers and Superintendents to review, analyze, and resolve field construction problems and discrepancies. S/he will also develop project reports, schedules, and analyses for assigned project scopes and serve as a liaison to subcontractors and/or client representatives.
The selected candidate would initially be required to work onsite in Cordova, IL and then relocate to AP Midwest (Minneapolis, MN), other AP region, or other project after project in Cordova, IL, is complete. Traveling incentive included for this job assignment.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Take personal responsibility for working safely within an incident and injury free culture.
- Provide interpretation of plans, detail sheets, and specifications for contractors and/or trade Foremen, Leadmen, and other supervisors.
- Review shop drawings before issuance to subcontractors and filings.
- In collaboration with others, create subcontractor agreements.
- Verify/maintain exterior/interior grade and working lines for contractors or crafts.
- Monitor and respond to purchase requests, field orders, change orders, and architectural supplement instructions.
- Review, verify, and submit team member time sheets.
- Update team members and management on the status of project metrics, progress, and prices.
- Order and monitor owner supplied materials.
- Make recommendations to resolve scheduling and project issues.
- Analyze and coordinate project progress, costs, budgets, and cash flow.
- Assist with reviewing project plans for constructability and cost feasibility; complete project risk assessments and scope of work matrices.
- Monitor project schedules and provide input for problem resolution and schedule revisions daily. Update schedules and write reports as required.
- Collaborate as part of the project team to ensure timely and quality results for the client.
- Participate with the preparation of bid packages, final estimates, change orders, and punch lists.
- Help implement the project safety program at job sites and monitor compliance.
- Monitor AP’s quality management programs for compliance.
- Assist with project pre-bid conferences and progress meetings.
- Help prepare pre-final punch-lists and check payment requests.
- Liaison with and create positive communications with clients, subcontractors, other professional organizations, and staff throughout the organization.
- Maintain the trade contractor/supplier log.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of experience and proven results including:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, or related field and successful completion of a construction industry internship or one year of related construction experience. Experience in the areas of design, estimating, and/or field supervision preferred.
- Exposure to project accounting and contracts preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and recognize building plans and specifications, safety standards, and issues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Primavera, and Prolog.
- Exposure to value engineering, life cycle costing, and sustainability preferred.
- Current or ability to become current with OSHA 10 and company safety requirements.
- Physical agility to stand, sit, walk, climb, push, balance, and kneel.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and push up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to travel to project sites up to 70+ miles away.
- Willingness to work in various (sometimes extreme) climate conditions.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with diverse audiences.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful and lasting relationships.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Certain positions and locations require COVID-19 vaccination, subject to reasonable accommodations for valid medical or sincerely held religious reasons.