Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
We are actively seeking an experienced labor, with knowledge of proper utility construction to work on telecommunications infrastructure in the Salem, MA area. All candidates must adhere to strict safety standards while ensuring the highest quality of work is completed efficiently and timely.
What Do You Offer Us?
- All phases of underground construction including but not limited to: Loading, driving, delivery, digging, removal and placement of various types, sizes and weight of construction materials and equipment
- Seeking a candidate with the ability to trench, place duct, pull cable, and direct bury main-line and drops.
- Assist in securing work site, equipment, and materials at the end of each shift
- Prepare documents, reports, or job aids related to work, equipment, and safety
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including a Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass Pre-Employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting (Up to 50 lbs.), kneeling, crawling, climbing and reaching
- Must be able to be a subject of loud work environments
- Requires regular travel
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to be a subject of extreme cold and warm outside work environmental temperatures
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.