APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Risk & Compliance Lead, whose responsibilities include building and leading the Risk & Compliance program, with a specialized focus on privacy and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. This role will work closely with IT, Internal Audit, Legal, and Business Partners to support, lead, and guide compliance efforts, such as IT General Controls (ITGC’s), privacy assurance, vendor risk assessments, and pre-audit preparation and validation activities. As part of the Information Security team, you will also be able to participate in and lead a variety of security-related activities, such as security assessments, security framework and policy efforts, security awareness, and overseeing remediation activities.
- Build and lead the Risk & Compliance program, focusing on SOX and privacy compliance.
- Lead regulatory compliance efforts for IT.
- Oversee risk remediation strategy and maintain risk registry.
- Drive detailed documentation related to compliance procedures and controls.
- Document and recommend compliance controls.
- Lead pre-audit IT control validation.
- Provide advisory services in risk assessments, analysis, and acceptance, as necessary to meet business and IT demands.
- Identify IT risks and guide the control owner in developing mitigation plans.
- Subject matter expertise with SOX IT General Controls and privacy compliance requirements.
- Report on compliance status to stakeholders
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in information technology or cybersecurity, with at least 3 in compliance-related roles.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and commercial outlook.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; Experience developing and delivering management presentations and reports. Ability to communicate technical requirements to a varied audience.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytic, problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable confidentiality, attention to detail, and self-organization.
- Self-directed and motivated, with a positive and willing attitude.
- Knowledge and experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and GDPR.
- Ability to operate when requirements are not clear and manage dynamic changes to environments
- Security and compliance certifications such as CISSP, CIPP, and CRCM.
Competencies and Skills:
- Experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security and regulatory compliance.
- Technical understanding of IT networks, server administration, and IT applications.
- Strong proficiency in regulatory frameworks and related audits.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders. Please note: Relocation assistance is not available for this position.