Mears Group, Inc.
West Safety Manager Job Description
Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
This position is responsible for monitoring the completion and effectiveness of all safety programs, job-site visits and site-specific programs, training, injury and accident investigations, and enforcement of policies. A strong knowledge and understanding of OSHA and all agency regulations is required, ensuring that all the items are in compliance with company policies.
What Do You Offer Us?
- 5+ years of field safety experience
- Monitor the completion and effectiveness of all safety programs
- Monitor the training needs of the workforce and help develop, present and keep records for all training.
- Investigate all injury and accident claims involving personal injuries, vehicle accidents, near misses, non-compliance issues, etc.
- Ability to qualify employees for Operator Qualifications
- Ability to work in a team environment to accomplish daily goals
- Assist other Safety Managers from other areas as needed
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Weekly payroll
- Competitive wages
- Industry-leading benefits: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401(k)
What is Required?
- Pass Pre-Employment drug screen and background check
- Clear communication skills
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Must be willing to travel
- This position requires the ability to stand; walk; stoop; reach; climb; bend and reach.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans