Company Name: Blair Fire Protection
Job Title: Warehouse Material Handler
Location: Butler, WI
Blair Fire Protection is the company of choice for fire protection systems from design, installation, and service to complex specialized systems. Due to our growth in the Metro Milwaukee area, we are seeking a motivated Warehouse / Material Handler to join our dynamic team!
The Fire Protection Warehouse / Material Handler will play a key role in sustaining our reputation for outstanding customer service by efficiently expediting the order fulfillment process from start to finish. This is a great career opportunity to attend training/seminars to expand your knowledge in fire protection and grow with our company.
A Day in the Life - Warehouse / Material Handler
• Receiving, storing, processing, and delivering fire protection products, materials, and equipment to construction sites on a timely basis.
• Forklift operation, loading/unloading trucks keeping materials organized and accessible.
• Process all inventory paperwork completely, accurately, and promptly.
• Fabricates metal (measuring, cutting, grooving, & threading of pipe, rod, etc.)
• Operate power tools in the warehouse and on job sites (wet/dry coring machines, saws, threaders, etc.)
• Assist in the maintenance of warehouse vehicles and equipment.
• Cleaning and organizing shop work environment.
• Follows company safety policies and procedures.
• Shift Hours 6 AM – 2:30 PM; overtime available
What Skills Do I Need for a Warehouse / Material Handler in the Fire Protection Industry?
• Must be able to perform job responsibilities in an industrial, construction site, and general outdoor environment around heavy machinery and equipment.
• Ability to lift 80 - 100 lbs. regularly.
• Relevant work experience in a warehouse/construction / contracting environment is preferred.
• Good mechanical; troubleshooting skills.
• High energy: the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to multi-task; meet deadlines.
• Detail-oriented; demonstrates accuracy and quality of work.
• Knowledge of industry safety practices and equipment.
• Self-starter: Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
• Flexible and versatile to work outside of the scope of your job; willing to learn.
• Good communication / Excellent customer service skills.
• Computer skills to track and maintain records.
• High School Diploma
• Forklift certification preferred
• Valid driver’s license; good driving record
• Pre-employment drug testing is required
Blair Fire Protection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.