Fire Sprinkler Fitter
Fire Sprinkler Fitters are pipefitting specialists in the fire protection industry and Western States Fire Protection is seeking qualified applicants for this position.
Benefits are offered through the local union organization.
- Install, repair and maintain all types of fixed extinguishing systems, including underground piping
- Responsible for installing and servicing a variety of other fire protection equipment such as standpipes, carbon dioxide systems, halon systems, foam systems and dry chemical systems
- Travel within the state of Idaho to work on various locations/job sites as necessary
- Comply with union collective bargaining agreement
- Willing to become a member of the UA Local Union
- A minimum of 5 years' experience is required
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma OR GED required
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to lift up to at least 50 pounds
- Willing to climb ladders
- Strong mechanical background is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test and background check; if applicable
Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of seven office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor