GEL SOLUTIONS, LLC
has an opening for a
SURVEY CADD TECHNICIAN
Why Join our Team?
- Career path options in a rapidly growing, dynamic company
- Exposure to a wide range of market sectors, clients, and technologies
- Stimulating work environment with a highly experienced and skilled team
- We have fun while working hard!
GEL Solutions (GEL) is a niche professional services firm providing Surveying, Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE), and Geophysical services to clients throughout the United States. We are seeking an outstanding and energetic individual to complement our existing CADD group. The successful candidate will join us in solving challenging problems in the infrastructure, environmental and natural resources sectors.
Our goal is to apply our surface and subsurface mapping skills to improve our clients’ bottom lines and reduce their risks. We are committed to offering the latest technologies and services. To this end, we employ and train customer-focused staff with exceptional attitudes and technical skills. We are proud of our culture of innovation and our focus on quality.
GEL Solutions – SURVEY CADD TECHNICIAN, Raleigh/Greensboro Offices
GEL has a position open for a Survey CADD Technician. This position has very high growth potential and is ideally suited for an individual who aspires to a key technical position with a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial company. The primary responsibilities include producing deliverables specific to ACAD/Civil 3D, project reports and other survey deliverables. An added benefit of this position is the opportunity to learn and support our SUE and geophysical services. Some field work and travel will be required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain CAD (ACAD) templates for each service line.
- Produce cad (ACAD) deliverables that meet the needs of public and private clients.
- Provide quality control for all survey deliverables
- Applies appropriate principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to various types of land surveying projects.
- Serve as subject matter expert on ACAD/CIVIL3D platform.
- Perform and document field work and office CAD production for survey projects
- Prepare results of field work in written and/or electronic format
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Focus on quality and help ensure QA/QC procedures are followed
- Understanding of applicable federal, State and local laws, regulations, ordinances and professional ethics.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Survey, Geomatics, or related field preferred
- Working experience with North Carolina Municipalities
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience in preparing ALTA plats and deliverables
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Physical strength and endurance to perform field work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Possess high ethical standards and the Core Values of the GEL Group
What we offer:
- Corporate values that promote respect, integrity, and innovation
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Life Insurance Plans, including Accidental and Critical Illness plans
- Company-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and holiday leave
- Commitment to safety
This Position Description is intended to provide a general guideline of the requirements, duties, and responsibilities this position. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive description of the position, nor is it intended to place limitations on the position. As with all positions in the company, the successful employee will constantly look for ways to contribute to the well-being of the company, and thereby to their own well-being and success in their own professional career.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.