Memphis Stone & Gravel Company – Managing Earth’s Resources For Over 100 Years.
Memphis Stone & Gravel Company is a family owned and operated aggregate supplier to Memphis and the Mid-South. In business since 1910, Memphis Stone & Gravel Company has earned a reputation for supplying outstanding construction materials to the markets it serves. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement and relationships. We have continued to protect lands we mine all the while restoring resources to productive and beautiful uses after mining.
Our products include high quality fine and coarse aggregate for ready-mixed concrete and asphalt concrete. We process a variety of sand products, road base materials, shoulder gravel, clay gravel, landscape rock, drainage rock and pea gravel. Starting Salary: $15.50 hr. On the job training available for those who meet requirements.
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the family, we offer:
- Paid Vacations
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Earned Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental (reduced premium cost with participation in Wellness Program)
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance, Short/ Long Term Disability and Vision
Environmental Crew Worker Review
Performs duties related to environmental activities as required. May require operation of mobile equipment in a continuous production/processing operation.
Environmental Crew Worker Responsibilities
- Work with Exploration and Environmental Technician-Lead in the installation and maintenance of environmental compliance structures and processes.
- Maintains and completes all required paperwork accurately and timely
- Must comply with all company safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations
- Assist in maintaining mobile equipment (greases, fuels, and performs minor mechanic work) and other equipment used by the Environmental crew.
- Install silt-fencing, water overflow structures, water-transfer devices, seed and fertilizer, erosion prevention structures/materials.
- Transport of equipment to and from each project
Environmental Crew Worker Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years’ of age.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must pass a “fit-for-duty” physical exam and drug
- Must have dependable transportation to and from work.
- Must be punctual and dependable, good manager of time and thrive within a flexible work schedule.
- Show ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with heavy construction equipment and have basic mechanical understanding and skills, preferred.
- Experience in the mining industry, particularly in the area of environmental compliance preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of environmental rules pertaining to the mining industry, preferred.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat, cold, and vibration. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee may also encounter wild animals, dangerous insects, poisonous plants and other hazards associated with a rugged natural outdoor working environment.
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be strongly considered for this opening.
- Landscape Worker
- Outdoor Laborer
- Field Worker
- Driller Helper
- Construction Worker/ Apprentice
- Must understand SAFETY and be committed:
- To the health and safety of all employees, subcontractors, customers, and the community;
- To promoting a comprehensive safety culture;
- To individual accountability for following our safety standards; and
- To actively support and participate in a zero accident environment.
- Must be committed to learning the meaning of the company CORE VALUES, as well as their application to the specific, daily duties of the job:
- Humility – freedom from arrogance with a genuine respect for others and their perspectives.
- Relationships – giving priority to people and teamwork over processes.
- Stewardship – taking personal responsibility for the proper care and sharing of company assets.
- Continuous Improvement – committed to being open-minded, growing and learning.
It is the policy of Memphis Stone & Gravel Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job posting are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.