OBJECTIVE: The Projects and Operations Manager will manage the implementation of Iowa Agriculture Water Alliance’s grants and agreements as well as the organization’s operations, including finance, annual budgeting, tracking match commitments, and project management.
This position reports to the IAWA Executive Director.
- Lead development and implementation of IAWA annual budgeting process. Present budgets to IAWA Board and Management Team.
- Manage project timelines and set priorities for major public-private partnerships, including the Midwest Agriculture Water Quality Partnership and Iowa Systems Approach to Conservation Drainage.
- Track deliverables and match commitments for all IAWA grants, including federal and state agencies and private foundations. Submit reports and invoices as required by grants.
- Track and manage IAWA financials including grants, IAWA Business Council, invoices, in-kind contributions, and private donations in collaboration with the ISA Controller and IAWA team.
- Help coordinate project implementation efforts for IAWA, founding organizations, and partners.
- Support new proposals by managing timeline and developing proposal budgets.
- Attend IAWA and key partner meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Team Timeline Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Developing Plans
- Collaboration Skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and Management or other related field.
- Three or more years of experience in project management/implementation.
- Strong financial management and project management skills, including Excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated history of successfully handling multiple tasks on time and within budget.
PREFFERED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- CAPM or PMP designation.
- Demonstrated communications competency.
- Grant submission and/or writing experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of agriculture, water quality and conservation.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Account available
- Cellphone and Wellness reimbursement
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Dress for your Day Dress Code