APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst reporting to the Data & Information Architect.
This position will work with the Information Access team to build and enhance strategic reports/analyses, train and support our Information Access (Business Intelligence) capability throughout our companies and maintain our current data architecture. While others on the Information Access team are working on a new Data architecture platform, this role will be instrumental in ensuring foundational capabilities are supported and progressing. Upon completion of baseline deployment of the new platform, the Data & Information Analyst will help to transition and migrate all tools and resources from the current data architecture to the new platform. Long-term, this position will work with the rest of the Information Access team to implement machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities that will exceptionally affect how we analyze and operate our businesses going forward.
- Build and maintain data warehousing and information access platform
- Work alongside teams within the business teams to establish business needs
- Monitor data quality and perform extract-load-transform functions
- Use data mining to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns
- Use data to predict trends, and perform statistical analysis
- Use tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs
- Assist departments and companies with training and support – General Information, Access Support, Data Exposure Requests, Training
- Pull and secure data from various databases and data warehouses for analysis
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Provide reporting, analysis, and recommendations for executive presentations
- Implement/ support special projects/ analysis as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Statistics, or related field
- 3+ Years of experience as a Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Analyst, or related field
- Strong analytical skills and project management skills
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, and data mining
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business conclusions using statistical and data visualization techniques
- Proficient Microsoft Power Suite (Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud platforms
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts
- Proactive and customer-minded
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Experience with SQL, R, Python, or other structured query languages
- Exposure to database administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and possesses a high level of integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is dependent upon experience and ability to perform. Bonus opportunities are based upon individual, team/department, and overall company performance. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, sick and vacation days, disability, flexible spending accounts for medical and daycare, 401(k) with employer match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.