Arizona Verde Fire Protection is a subsidiary of Western States Fire Protection (WSFP). WSFP and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Fire Protection Designer
This individual will design; coordinate, and possibly project manage the fire sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the sprinkler systems using drawing and drafting skills and tools. The drawings produced will be used as a guide by every other link in the chain of construction, both on-site and in the office. The designer will have responsibility for the initial planning of a project including scheduling of time, creating material stock listing, analyzing changes, and solving problems. Close coordination with the project manager, project superintendent, and sales representative will be required throughout the life of the project.
This position is located in Phoenix, AZ. Must be willing to relocate if you currently reside outside this area.
• Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub-contractors and General
Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system
• Thorough use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems
• Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD and AutoSprink type programs
• Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
• Perform hydraulic calculations
• Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work
• Maintain design historical records for future use
• Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’
• Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information
• Perform Project Manager functions as required
• Complete other assigned responsibilities as directed by immediate supervisor or other WSFP management
• Applicable degree from a technical school or college
• NICET certification is a plus
• Efficient in BIM coordination
• Ability to coordinate and attend BIM meetings on a regular basis with contractors and subcontractors
• Associates in AutoCAD, demonstrated ability with AutoSprink, or other specialized fire sprinkler layout
• Project management experience a plus
• Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
• Three years experience in commercial, industrial, and residential design
• Detail-oriented and skilled in free hand and mechanical lettering and drawings
• Possess good communication skills; both verbal and written
• Willing to coordinate and work well with others
• Willing to pass a post-offer drug screen test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor