Metal-Tech Partners has an exciting new career opportunity. We are seeking a candidate that is highly motivated, organized and who enjoys working in a fast-paced, hands-on working environment. This is an excellent chance to work for a growing company that offers a competitive compensation package with long term employment stability.
Weld Shop Production Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Manufactures products by supervising staff, quality control, organizing and monitoring workflow.
Weld Shop Production Supervisor Job Duties:
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data, answering questions and responding to requests.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Supervision, Coaching, Training of Welding Department to ensure all know the responsibilities and are working together in a positive manner
- Ability to strategically manage processes, process improvements and production planning at different levels of complexity.
- Oversee machines and equipment to ensure quality of operational performance.
- Inspect products to verify conformance to project drawings and specifications.
- Apply knowledge of production methods, processes and production capacities and capabilities in the Welding Department.
- Review production orders and schedules. Reviews specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan welding operations.
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observe workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Work with team members and other managers to find ways of improving safety, quality, and efficiency of the department.
Weld Shop Production Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Associate's degree in manufacturing processes or related field and or 2 - 4 years experience in supervisory position.
- Organizational skills a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to provide accurate, timely, courteous and professional communication, and a strong desire to reach resolutions.
- Required knowledge of accepted operational procedures and guidelines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and expertise in the areas of human relations skills and customer service.
- Problem solving and planning skills with a focus on the ability to plan, prioritize and execute are essential to the position.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and assignments effectively to employees in department is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing at all levels of the organization.
- Basic knowledge of Tape Measure, Caliper, Micrometer and Protractor use: Knowledge of measuring principles.
- Standing and/or walking 90% of time.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to drive forklifts.
- Ability/competency reading blueprints
- Ability to learn basic computer skills including MRP systems
- Mechanical aptitude and welding skills a plus
WHAT WE ARE PROUD TO OFFER YOU:
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Simple IRA with Company Match