Development Systems Manager
Regular status, full-time, FLSA Exempt, fully benefitted
Childhaven is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and recruiting
candidates of every race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity,
age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status as
provided by law. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are highly
encouraged to apply!
For over 110 years Childhaven has been a leader in serving children, families, and communities that
have experienced trauma and adversity. In the past few years, we have been adding services and
locations, becoming more community-based, and forming partnerships to increase our impact. In
June 2020, Childhaven consolidated with Renton Area Youth and Family Services (RAYS) and Art
with Heart, which further expanded our capacity to better serve more children, families, and
communities. By combining our legacy of healing-centered care, with the expertise of our new
partners, Childhaven is building a continuum of care model that is unlike any other in the Puget
We are proud to be a values-driven organization that serves families from diverse communities. Our
values are the compass we use to get us there. They guide us in the way we treat each other, the
decisions we make, and the success we achieve. Values are the touchstones to chart and guide our
behavior, and reflect our commitment to:
• TEAMWORK: Relationships come first.
• EQUITY: There’s infinite value in every human.
• EXCELLENCE: Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
• DEDICATION: Do more. Do better.
• RESPECT: Meet people where they are.
• REFLECTION: Feelings Matter. Stepping back and exploring possibilities.
Going forward, we are embarking on a new and very ambitious strategic impact plan to further
strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation. In the next five years our goals are to
double the number of locations and quadruple the number of children and families we are serving -
all while developing and strengthening partnerships with other community-based organizations,
referral sources, government agencies, and universities. In so doing, we are opening doors to a host
of new roles and opportunities within the organization. And that’s where you come in.
You are a passionate, driven, and dedicated individual who is excited by this opportunity to bring
your own life experience of having life difficulties i.e.: involvement with juvenile justice, academic
difficulties, lack of family support/engagement etc. to engage students in similar situations with their
own resilience stories. You desire to use this diverse mix of experience and skills to advance our
work. You share our vision to help ensure that all children are safe and healthy; thriving physically,
socially emotionally and educationally; and well nurtured by family and by their community. You too
are constructively dissatisfied with the status quo, embrace continuous improvement, and heed the
call to better serve more. You are equal parts learner, leader, and mentor… and see around the
corners of a challenge, replaying the question of “What if” with a reply of “Why not”.
You proactively break down silos and nurture a cohesive and collaborative team that prioritizes “we”
and “ours” over “I” and “my”. You foster an environment of belonging, healing, and relationship building - and recognize that feelings matter. You take initiative, participate fully, and engage deeply,
all while maintaining a sense of humor and having fun. You whole-heartedly embrace diversity,
equity, inclusion, and culture. You are curious, courageous, and reflective – and willing to bring your
humanity to work.
If this sounds like you – we need to meet - and talk more about the positive impact we could
ABOUT THE ROLE
Every role at Childhaven makes an impact!
The Development Systems Manager manages the gift processing systems, creates and maintains documentation related to overall data systems functionality, and directly manages one other staff member. This position is responsible for ensuring that charitable donations, which are received through multiple channels, are flowing properly and troubleshooting any technical issues that may arise for over 5,000 gifts worth approximately $5M annually.
As an integral member of the Development team, the Development Database Manager is responsible for managing the accuracy and efficiency of a constituent database management system, as well as support for development operations and fundraising programs. This person will provide critical leadership in the tracking, processing, acknowledgment, and reporting of all charitable contributions received by Childhaven. The Development Systems Manager ensures donor information is accurate and kept confidential.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Administration of institutional database systems, performing system upgrades, and coordinating testing
- Managing and ensuring maintenance of multiple databases to work efficiently with one another
- Manage relationships with Blackbaud, O'Matic, Classy, Benevity, and other third-party vendors
- Collaborating with information technology manager to ensure data is stewarded appropriately and communicate any technology changes to end users
- Maintaining appropriate data policies and procedures; and conducting routine data audits
- Streamlining existing operations and ensuring data that enters or leaves the database has integrity and accuracy
- Maintaining institutional data security
- Collaborating with finance department in creating and updating fund codes in the system
Data Importing and Exporting
- Executing scheduled imports/exports of constituent records for communications, event invitations, newsletters, solicitation appeals and Blackbaud Target Analytics data
- Managing data migration preparation and execution
- Performing data imports from multiple database sources into the main database (Raiser’s Edge) with the use of Import O’Matic
- Preparing monthly financial report that requires reconciling with finance department
- Preparing pre and post events report for the event director which includes analysis of the events performance
- Assisting with appeals analysis report for annual fund performance
- Assisting the finance department with annual institutional audit
Gift Processing Oversight
- Supervises accurate gift processing, coding, reporting, and acknowledgment system in Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Ensures gifts are batched and processed and that donor acknowledgments are sent in a timely manner
- Assists with gift processing during peak season
- Training new development team members and supporting officers with fundraising activities
- Collaborating with finance department and Chief Philanthropy Officer regarding IRS guidelines about handing contributions
- Ensuring Development team adheres to Donor Bill of Rights
Staying current with industry best practices, software technologies and development tools
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience administrating complex software applications/relational databases
Knowledge of fundraising processes and online donation systems
Proficient with Word merges, Excel formulas and other data manipulation
Experience with data query languages and data reporting/business intelligence tools
Excellent attention to detail critical, with a highly organized approach to data management
Ability to learn complex data entry and procedures quickly
Ability to recognize the potential for errors with processes and reports and how to solve those errors
Proficient with Microsoft Office products
Strong teamwork skills and ability to demonstrate dependability and accountability
Previous supervision/management experience desired
Raiser’s Edge Professional Level Certification desired
RE NXT Certification desired
Experience with online donation platforms such as Import O’Matic and Prospect Research Software
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Basic Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick time
- 3 Floating Holidays
- Paid Holidays
- 403(b) - Voluntary contribution through pre-tax or Roth payroll deduction
- Educational Reimbursements
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Discounted Woodland Park Zoo Tickets
- Verizon Discounts
No matter your role, you'll get opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and education topics, advocacy, management skills and more.
- We also work hard to make sure that you have a mentor—a person who's helping you grow professionally.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them and their values. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and will participate on the ESIT Racial Equity/Social Justice Team to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
To Be Considered
- Complete an online application.
- Include a cover letter detailing how your experience and education that qualifies you for the position.
- Include a resume.