Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Responsibilities for the Fire Alarm & Sprinkler Inspector / Service Technician position include:
- Reads, interprets and applies technical design requirements of fire protection codes and standards (Such as NFPA 70, 72, etc.), building codes, fire codes, insurer criteria, and other technical design documents.
- Reads and interprets building construction documents such as drawings, specifications and other contract documents.
- Performs fire alarm & sprinkler inspections and service for commercial buildings.
- Prepares lists for ordering of fire alarm, sprinkler and detection system equipment.
- Surveys existing buildings for accurate, economical inspections and service of fire alarm, sprinkler and detection systems.
- Coordinates installation with electricians.
- Coordinates activities with project manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Obtain NICET Level certifications
Candidates should possess a High School Diploma (or GED) along with Fire alarm training and certifications a plus. Applicants must have a good mathematical aptitude along with good oral, written and technical communication skills and a valid driver license. Candidates should also have good customer services skills, project management skills, inspections sales and basic electrical knowledge. Candidates must be self-motivated and attend training classes, courses and seminars as requested by supervisor.
Davis Ulmer is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.