CMS Mechanical Services provides exceptional mechanical services, with the ultimate in customer satisfaction, in the northern Colorado area. With its select group of employees, CMS strives to maintain a position at the forefront of our industry in technical skills, customer relations, and in offering of a wide variety of services to meet all our customers’ mechanical system needs.
We are looking for a collaborative, detailed and motivated Accounting and Administrative Specialist to support the business leaders and operations of CMS. The ideal candidate is responsible for financial and administrative duties, including accounts payable, support of accounts receivable, preparing and reviewing documents, letters and employee paperwork, safety administration, and other finance and office support.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite products, Outlook, Excel, and Word. Keyboarding proficiency with high degree of accuracy. Access experience a plus.
- At least two year’s administrative experience in an office environment is required.
- Two-year/AA degree in accounting, business management or a related field preferred.
- Proven experience in detailed, accurate and timely data entry.
- Experience providing excellent internal and external customer service and ability to professionally communicate on behalf of the company.
- Ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use Sharepoint to upload, track, code, and approve all vendor invoices electronically; resolve vendor invoice coding questions and approvals, processing and payment questions.
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure that all vendor invoices are posted; answer vendor questions and resolve discrepancies.
- Send required new vendor set up data for entry into the accounting system to Duluth.
- Assist with new subcontractor documents and compliance.
- Support the billing process by preparing and auditing job cost reports and supporting documents; assist with researching and resolve accounting issues related to billings as needed. Prepare, scan, and mail/email customer invoices.
- Enter equipment costs into accounting software.
- Serve as a professional point of contact for the Service team, customers, and vendors.
- Provide administrative support for company operations, ensuring quality customer service for internal customers/co-workers in an organized and efficient manner; includes employee onboarding and termination processes, PM contract jobs and related field documents.
- Prepare Operations and Maintenance manuals, submittals, & warranty letters.
- Process and complete safety administration work (log & track training compliance).
- Become proficient and versed in all aspects of company systems and software and assist with system integrations as needed; provide technical support for office equipment and field electronic devices.
- Support company initiatives including Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure they are followed, and all work is performed correctly.
- Provide back up to Operation staff, order office supplies, ship and receive tools and parts as required, and assist with other projects and assignments as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organization and communication skills; high capacity for multitasking
- Highly detail-oriented, accurate
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate in a team setting
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism when dealing with sensitive company and employee information
- Initiative and self-discipline; strong work ethic and time management skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account or Flex Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401K, Profit Sharing and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Paid Time Off
Pay Range – Commensurate with experience, $18.00 to $22.00/hour.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday