Operational since 2001, Dakota Ethanol in Wentworth, SD produces more than 90 million gallons of ethanol annually. The company also produces distillers grains and non-food grade corn oil, providing a feed source for local livestock producers or the biodiesel industry. Dakota Ethanol is owned and operated by Lake Area Corn Processors, LLC, which is comprised of more than 1,000 members, the majority of whom are South Dakota farmers. Dakota Ethanol is committed to being a strong partner in the local community, a key player in the regional economy and a leader in South Dakota’s ethanol industry.
What you get to do!
Plant Operator is responsible for operating plant equipment, operating boilers, compressed air, water treatment equipment, and controlling batch process. Perform and respond to QC analysis to ensure optimal plant performance. Continuous operation requires a flexible schedule for day and/or night shift work rotating through various job skills and overtime. Shift differential for night shift.
What you get to do!
- Learn and operate all processes associated with the plant.
- Learn and operate DCS (computer control system) for the plant.
- Test and maintain proper water chemistry in the boiler and cooling tower.
- Perform quality control tests on product streams.
- Follow procedures for plant start-up, shut down, cleaning and batching.
- Keep accurate and timely logs.
- Respond to collected data and adjust to optimize plant operation.
- Load trucks with product (all co-products) using computers, meters, scales and equipment required to assure timely delivery of products.
- Understand maintenance of plant equipment, exhibit a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Communicate to relieving operators through shift change of what has happened and what is to be done during the next shift.
- Sustain facilities to maintain a clean environment.
- Complete any and all tasks assigned, discuss any problems with Management.
- Maintain a team environment with other plant departments and champion Dakota Ethanol LLC in the community.
- Adhere to all safe work practices are a condition of employment; complies with all OSHA and safety requirements.
- Must be able to multi-task with accuracy and concentration under stress to meet deadlines and productivity demands.
- Operate wheeled equipment to load trucks.
What you need to have!
Time will be spent in a temperature-controlled office-based environment at the manufacturing facility. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Able to view computer screen for lengths at a time. Time will be spent in the plant. All types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to fermentation vessels, jet cookers, agitators, mixing and milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and stairs, lift and move up to 60 lbs., work at heights on elevated surfaces, adapt to 12 hour shifts, and meet call-in requirements as needed. Ability to work from elevated surfaces. Regularly exposed to dust, odors, fumes, noise, and temperature variations.
What you get from us!
Dakota Ethanol offers 12 hour shifts - 7pm-7am, $17+/hour (DOE), $2.00 night shift differential PLUS benefits and a NEW HIRE BONUS - health insurance, Flex Spending Account, dental, 401k with company match, PTO & paid holidays,100% company paid group life insurance/AD&D/long term disability, AFLAC and a team environment!
If this is an excellent fit for you to join us near Wentworth, SD, apply with us!
Sioux Falls and South Dakota is full of adventure & great place to live in the midwest, see for yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTehfsx6mFY