Finding the Right Fit:
Our land survey group delivers expertise to our internal and external clients. The services are supported by a cohesive team of crew chiefs, technicians, professional land surveyors, and project managers, bringing consistency and flexible resources to our employees and clients. The Land Survey Group at Ayres Associates is seeking individuals in our Madison or Waukesha, WI office locations. This is an ideal position for an experienced candidate who has the technical expertise to serve in a crew chief role and motivated for career growth.
On any given day, you'll:
- Perform a variety of field/office survey and mapping tasks.
- Use survey field equipment such as GPS/GNSS, robotic total stations and MicroStation/Civil 3D CADD platforms.
- Assist and communicate with crew chiefs, technicians, and project managers in support of their duties as well as Professional Land Surveyors in preparation of land surveying documents.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Overtime and occasional out-of-town travel is anticipated.
- A two-year degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering Technology or a four-year degree in Land Surveying.
- At least two years of relevant work experience.
- Technically sound in the use of survey equipment and software.
- Physical ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Self-starter who can work independently and who can adapt to working in a team setting.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience within the following surveying services:
- Design surveys, including transportation, utility, municipal, and site development.
- Geospatial control and LiDAR QA/QC.
- Construction layout for transportation, utility, building, and municipal projects.
- Land surveys, including ALTA and WisDOT right-of-way plats.
- Experience with Trimble survey equipment and software.
- Experience with Civil3D/AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Ability to keep thorough notes and perform necessary survey calculations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and project managers.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction drawings.
- Interest in pursuing Wisconsin Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license.
- Previous project management skills or interest in developing these skills.
Please note, benefits vary depending on job status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities